Paramount Tower, 65-68 stories, approx. 750', 200 units, $240 million, Church Street Park

markhollin

7 hours ago, nashville_bound said:

Ha, what is up with that design? I had to put on sunglasses to keep from having a more adverse reaction. Garish is the word and the trees do not soften the blow. The entire ‘place’ reminds one of a kindergarten romper room. This only bolsters Tony’s plans, IMO.

I'm with you on that one Todd!

7 hours ago, DDIG said:

This is a fair argument - however, I'd counter argue that if you put it up for open bid that Giarattana would potentially win the site and actually win it pledging LESS to the city than he is currently giving up.

BINGO! That is what will happen. Tony will get the park if it goes to the pubic bidding process and Metro will get the money and nothing else. No improvement to ADD Blvd. No new Park, No Homeless center, and a loss of one park, with a headache gone.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

BINGO! That is what will happen. Tony will get the park if it goes to the pubic bidding process and Metro will get the money and nothing else. No improvement to ADD Blvd. No new Park, No Homeless center, and a loss of one park, with a headache gone.

And if for some reason the city doesn't like the figure that Tony bids too they pull the site off the market and not sell it? Raise funds to re-do the park and find a way to make ADD pedestrian zone on their own. The money for the homeless center was already in the works as 15 million in bonds were secured by the Barry admin. The city really is in a much better position when things go to bid AND the city could require certain elements as part of the bid, such as an improvement to ADD blvd. 

• Like 2

Giarratana said the Paramount design has been inspired by Goettsch’s 110 North Wacker Drive building in Chicago. The building will include a glass-bottom swimming pool to extend over the street-level drive aisle in a cantilevered fashion. Various renderings are expected to soon be made available, he said.

the image includes the phrase “Make no small plans.” Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527), an Italian diplomat, historian and philosopher whom many consider the father of modern political science, is largely credited with coining the phrase. In addition, Daniel Burnham — the late Chicago-based architect — gets credit for the phrase, too.

More info behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21038611/image-released-for-citys-proposed-tallest-building

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I cant tell what I m looking at. Is that multiple angles going around the building or is it a lighting effect going around the top to make it look that way? Its like one of those pictures you state at for a while until you see something different.

This isn’t a directly captured/shared rendering (I am assuming because it is behind a paywall still) but I believe that the sides appear to be an angular concave shape (with a slight angle inward, in other words) and then there are two outwardly convexed angular points on either of the two longer sides. I think it would look quite different than 505 in the end, despite the initial impression. Hopefully! ;)

Once this gets finished, he can then begin work on the “uncompromised” version of Signature Tower!

• Like 1