Paramount Tower, 65-68 stories, approx. 750', 200 units, $240 million, Church Street Park

markhollin

19 hours ago, troyboytn said:

So, I'm assuming  condo, apartment, or hotel components. Much too small of a footprint for office unless he plans to purchase the 2-5 buildings/lots to the north which would supply large enough floor plate for class A office space.

Probably since there are at least 6 office towers in the works including one on Church St.

Edited by Ingram

7 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

Whoa, never had seen that before @Ingram

I'm thinking we have a bit more height in the surrounding buildings.

OKC.jpg

Not much more, as the other tallest buildings are in the 400-500 foot range.  We do have quite a bit more building density though, which would help.  I'm sorry, I know OKC residents are proud of their Devon Tower, and individually it is a lovely tower, but their skyline just looks so absurd now.  

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 3

I think a 750-footer would be just right for Nashville especially with 505 and hopefully 2nd Avenue Partners/Four Seasons to compliment it.

Devon Tower is 850 feet.  Makes me kind of happy the we didn't get a supertall. It would have taken us well over a decade to balance it out. 

Edited by ariesjow
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, wreynol4 said:

Does anyone else think that announcing a tower when 505 is going so so sales wise is a smart move? To me, this is a tower, that if built wouldn't be around until 2025 or so, and imo draws slight attention away from 505.   

I guess I am a bit pessimistic when it comes to stuff like this, but I doubt we will get a new tall boy. I see this going the same direction as 505. We get a great rendering at the beginning but eventually when construction starts in 6-7 years it will have been downsized substantially in both design and height.

Props though to G for never giving up. Maybe he will prove me wrong with this.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Oklahoma city looks awkward with the Devon Center tower.  A tall boy should be fine for Nashville. Nashville is way denser than Oklahoma city. We have several 500 footers so it should be fine.  Maybe a 700-750 footer could work.  We should wait for for more additional height for anything above 750 ft.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PruneTracy said:

These are views approximately from Fort Negley and the Shelby Street bridge using Google Earth's new(-ish) imagery and elevation data. (They apparently flew LiDAR the last time they updated.) The teal box behind the under-construction 505 is its finished height. The yellow box is 750 feet, red is 875 feet, yellow is 1,000 feet. (They are boxes because everyone here loves boxy buildings so much.) I don't think even the 1,000-footer would look out of place, especially from the river shot.

a.jpg

b.jpg

The 1000 footer might be a little too much.  750 looks about right. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PHofKS said:

40543446324_4753e1fbde_c.jpg

27855136688_2a6e13ae74_c.jpg

Thanks for the mockups. Don't mean to be a nitpicker, but the SAP (40 story condo tower) would actually go on the opposite side of Pinnacle. So in  the lower photo, it would be peaking over that one. And while we're on the topic, the Endeavor (3 towers) will have two towers that will be approximately the same height as their tower on Broadway (with the whole foods). Big time dense! 

On another topic, if the West End Summit site ever gets 2-3 towers, that whole view will be a dense mass of buildings all the way from front to back. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PruneTracy said:

These are views approximately from Fort Negley and the Shelby Street bridge using Google Earth's new(-ish) imagery and elevation data. (They apparently flew LiDAR the last time they updated.) The teal box behind the under-construction 505 is its finished height. The yellow box is 750 feet, red is 875 feet, yellow is 1,000 feet. (They are boxes because everyone here loves boxy buildings so much.) I don't think even the 1,000-footer would look out of place, especially from the river shot.

a.jpg

b.jpg

The thousand-footer in the second picture from the east side has got me seriously aroused. Maybe it’s just seeing that same view we’ve all seen 1,000 times, but it just makes this view so much fuller. I was sceptical about anything over 750 ft or so but these mock ups have convinced me it wouldn’t look too weird. Thanks for posting! 

• Like 2