Paramount Tower, 65-68 stories, approx. 750', 200 units, $240 million, Church Street Park

markhollin

I think that this building would look really cool if built with the angles, but that rendering isn't doing it many favors. The perspective is downplaying the height a lot, which maybe a calculated move to not scare NIMBY crowd honestly. Definitely reminiscent of the original 505 though. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dReAmWiELdEr said:

the sides appear to be an angular concave shape (with a slight angle inward, in other words)

Towers with concave walls can be dangerous as we learned from the building in London that can melt cars and set buildings on fire.

https://www.nbcnews.com/sciencemain/london-skyscraper-can-melt-cars-set-buildings-fire-8C11069092

• Like 1

If he keeps the concave elements of the building, it will look pretty cool and be different for the market.  However...those kind of features are usually the first to get "value-engineered" out of a project.  So...I expect it to be a complete rectangle by the time it's built.  But...at least it may be a new "tallest" rectangle in Nashville. :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mr_Bond said:

Towers with concave walls can be dangerous as we learned from the building in London that can melt cars and set buildings on fire.

https://www.nbcnews.com/sciencemain/london-skyscraper-can-melt-cars-set-buildings-fire-8C11069092

The concave portion appears to be facing north which would be no issue, unless the polls reverse.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, chris holman said:

Check out the base of the building 

Screenshot_2018-12-26-13-50-21-01.jpeg

More renderings are needed for me to fully judge this. From what I see here, it will look like a diamond in many ways and will have multiple edges but as I said, more renderings are needed.  750FT is great!

• Like 3

It's a challenge to count floors on this rendering, but it appears to be about 65, and then another 3 for the top/crown section.  I wonder if those top three floors will make up some grand entertaining areas for the residents.  Or perhaps they are the REALLY large penthouse units with taller ceilings. 

I like the slight triangular concave and convex elements up the sides.  Will create lots of reflective patterns throughout the course of a day, and could look very cool at night with proper accent lighting.

The open base facing Church Street will create a large entrance area that will be much more inviting with the block. 

William Williams of the Nashville Post passed this along: "The tower will be rather slender (a roughly 10,500 sq. ft. floor plate, vs. 12, 500 sq. ft. at the 505 CST)."

• Like 4