Paramount Tower, 65-68 stories, approx. 750', 200 units, $240 million, Church Street Park

markhollin

5 hours ago, titanhog said:

Sadly, I'm pretty sure every building Tony has built started out with a great design...then the "real" design came out later.  If that holds true, I'm not sure what this design will become in the end.  Square it up and knock off a few stories and you have 100% the 505 building.

Yep...been here before... Several times.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, troyboytn said:

ehhh. Better than I expected but we all know it will end up being just another rectangular box with a drastic height and floor reduction... True distinguishing architecture (at least in Nashville as well as other Tennessee cities) is dead.

You've been hurt, I can see.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't dislike the design, but I'm not moved by it either.  Need to see a better rendering.

Would love to see the curve building that has been posted or something more along the style of this building if a curved building isn't a good fit for the property...

239989496_Bldg1.JPG.de4cfeda9460e08ebe705a7802925d68.JPG

Edited by PillowTalk4
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, PillowTalk4 said:

I don't dislike the design, but I'm not moved by it either.  Need to see a better rendering.

Would love to see the curve building that has been posted or something more along the style of this building if you a curved building isn't a good fit for the property...

^ You guys are torturing yourselves.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PillowTalk4 said:

Would love to see the curve building that has been posted or something more along the style of this building if a curved building isn't a good fit for the property...

Is this a real building? 

I love the skinnier base  and then the flair out.

13 hours ago, Binbin98 said:

Even though it is box-ish, the design really is not half bad. 

2 hours ago, PillowTalk4 said:

if a curved building isn't a good fit for the property...

I think the small lot size reduces the design choices and almost forces a box-ish shape.  To get some slight angles on the sides and some type of crown may be the best we can get here.

• Like 3

I think the small lot size reduces the design choices and almost forces a box-ish shape.  To get some slight angles on the sides and some type of crown may be the best we can get here.

I was thinking the exact same thing, and although a nice crown would be awesome, it may increase cost and height too much to be out of balance in both regards.

• Like 1