Paramount Tower, 65-68 stories, approx. 750', 200 units, $240 million, Church Street Park

markhollin

5 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

Does it say 88 out of how many?

Yes but I did not count the original number.  Basically I just went through the floors one by one and looked at what is available.  To me it seems like a lot available unless this is not updated.  Start on floor 30 to 44 evidently the top floor is sold out no availability. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 3

Count me with the skeptics (fool me once, shame one you etc. etc.). Is there a single one of his projects that ended up looking like the early renders? He clearly has no compunction about tossing around a lot of fun ideas while trying to get through the approval process, but he must have a totally different internal process where he works out a real design that actually makes financial sense.

Since this is what we have to goggle over though, here's the base of 110 North Wacker. Would be super cool to see something like this on Church. What if he builds a park for the homeless underneath the overhang? Have our cake and eat it too?

Image result for 110 North Wacker Drive

• Like 3

21 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

Is this a real building? 

I love the skinnier base  and then the flair out.

Yes.  It's the China Merchants Tower building in Shenzhen, China.  It was completed in 2013 and is 37 stories tall.  I had posted it previously as an alternative to some of the other designs we've seen for Nashville.  

China merchants tower SZ.jpgChina merchants tower.jpg

SZ China Merchants.jpgSea World, Shekou.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Titans10 said:

maybe we could just talk him into giving this a whirl again 

65731091-0ECD-4D22-9767-3582AC23B94A.png

No thanks, that 700ft version was better and would already be standing I'm sure had it not been for the increase in size and such.

I'm all for a new tallest, but not to the point where it obscenely is out of proportion to the rest of the skyline, i.e. Oklahoma City.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dale said:

At the risk of sounding picky, why couldn’t the reveal have featured a crisper rendering ?

It's a picture taken of a digital billboard showing the rendering. The ads on the billboard are typically flashed for about 6 seconds as all the ads cycle through at 6 seconds each until the repeat of the original. It would be tough to get a quality snapshot.

• Thanks 1