markhollin

Paramount Tower, 65-68 stories, approx. 750', 200 units, $240 million, Church Street Park

5 hours ago, NashvilleObserver said:

A view of our skyline with Paramount tower.

paramount nashville giarratana skyline.jpg

I see you, Bennie Dillon :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2019/02/19/new-orleans-reducing-homeless-hurricane-katrina

Here is how New Orleans is dealing  with their homeless population. Get them off the streets and into homes at all costs. They are a smaller city but I don't see why it can't work here. 

Amen! This is a new shift in thinking that actually gives true assistance where needed while achieving an overall financial benefit as well. (Admittedly, I teared up a little while reading this article, especially during the “veterans” part.)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Does anyone give this more than a 50-50 chance? 

Do you think there is more than a 50-50 chance he will be able to get that site (park)?

7 hours ago, LA_TN said:

Do you think there is more than a 50-50 chance he will be able to get that site (park)?

That's the only question I have for this project. I think with Amazon, A.B., E.Y. and now possibly Oracle, this tower shouldn't have a problem once the land is secured.

• Like 1

It depends on how the council vote goes on the land swap. If the vote is yes the tower goes to a 75% chance, if no, then a lot less as Tony will have to bid on the site IF Metro decides to sell it.

• Like 1

If the council votes yes, Tony will then own the land outright, correct? Rather than having a pre-determined amount of time to build or the land defaults back to Metro.

1 hour ago, NashvilleObserver said:

paramount nashville giarratana.jpg

Can we get this book-ended with the new tall bois, someone?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Andy20 said:

Any idea on when metro council will vote on the land swap?

Unfortunately I don't have an answer to your question, but I would like to welcome you to the forum!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you! I’ve been following since I found this in November. I appreciate all of the information and pictures everyone posts as I’m currently living out of Nashville for school. It’s great seeing updates.

• Like 3

Andy, 

Make sure you take a look at the Development map located at the top of the page and also make it to one of the forum meets so we can put a name to a face,, ah reverse that....First Saturday of the month at Luna Llena on the corner 3rd and James Robertson. 10 am but most of the time a few of us are there by 9 feeding our faces and shooting the proverbial bull being careful not to step in his crap.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Andy20 said:

Thank you! I’ve been following since I found this in November. I appreciate all of the information and pictures everyone posts as I’m currently living out of Nashville for school. It’s great seeing updates.

FYI, everyone here are geeks, except me!

• Haha 3