Paramount Tower, 65-68 stories, approx. 750', 200 units, $240 million, Church Street Park

markhollin

13 hours ago, mattbhadley said:

“Briley charts future for historic downtown Nashville building as park land swap stalls”

Even more at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/03/08/briley-picks-committee-to-help-determine-fate-of.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

I'm all for the city's purchase of the Morris Building.  Think it makes sense to be redeveloped into affordable housing at that location while simultaneously keeping an 100 year old gem.  This is a good fall-back option to have in case things with the land swap don't pan out as currently being proposed. 

I sense there are lots of machinations going on behind the scenes in regards to the Church Street Park deal with Tony G.  My bet is they are trying to keep much of it out of the public eye right now so that the discourse doesn't get so heated. 

• Like 4

I'm here for it.

Also, an admission... I clicked on the thread then had to go to another tab. When I came back, I saw the rendering and wondered to myself "when did the thing at 12th x Broadway get so tall".

1 hour ago, Mr_Bond said:

Once again this thread lights up.  Once again I see beautiful things.  Once again nothing is really happening.  It might as well be gray and rainy for the next three days.

Look at it like this, though: Daylight Saving Time ends this weekend. That's one less hour of rain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, nashvylle said:

I bet this tower gets reduced to 620’ and the base does not have the angles, but the top remains the same. 

Just being realistic. Even if that happens, it will still have an amazing impact on the skyline. 

I don't blame you at all, but I'm more optimistic this time because I consider this Tony's final stand for Nashville. This one is his big one. I couldn't see this project dropping below 700'.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nashwatcher said:

Why stop? Tony’s got a lot on the KVB circle that would be perfect for a work of art building...I hope he goes for it

Not that he would cease building after Paramount, but Paramount will be his tallest

KVB will be awesome when fully developed

• Like 2