Paramount Tower, 65-68 stories, approx. 750', 200 units, $240 million, Church Street Park

markhollin

Just left an event with a person close to the deal so I asked several questions and received a couple of answers I did not know but maybe the board has covered. Nothing too impressive, but something. 
1. He has seen the renderings, and while he would not confirm or deny a crown he said there was lots of lighting effects on top...made me think of the crown on the Signature design.
2. It is just the park....none of the buildings  are involved.

Edited by Guest

The Tennessean article today made it sound like the city has been intimately involved already and is looking at this positively.  One consideration that has me worried is that the tower won't be built until the 8 story building is finished.  Realistically, I don't think the 8 story tower is going to be done until late 2020 at the earliest. That would mean we're looking at late 2021 at the very earliest for this to be under construction.  That is an awful long time for the national economy to hold out.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hey_Hey said:

The Tennessean article today made it sound like the city has been intimately involved already and is looking at this positively.  One consideration that has me worried is that the tower won't be built until the 8 story building is finished.  Realistically, I don't think the 8 story tower is going to be done until late 2020 at the earliest. That would mean we're looking at late 2021 at the very earliest for this to be under construction.  That is an awful long time for the national economy to hold out.  

That sounds like perfect timing to me. Construction will take 24 months I’m guessing. It gives plenty of time for a slowdown or moderate recession before expansion begins again.

• Like 1

I have returned to the forum and this is the best news I could arive back to, I really hope this gets started sooner than later and includes condos or a hotel, although if its built at all I will still like it. I cant wait to see the renderings, and I hope it will be built in the next decade lol. I guess the benefit of being very young on this forum if anything is that I will still be around on here many years down the line to see all of this amazing things be built (hopefully), and maybe then Nashville will even be a large airline hub (fingers crossed) lol

Anyways good job Tony! The signature tower hype that I experienced during my childhood living in Nashville is seemingly coming back again lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, satalac said:

I say build the 750', 875' and 1000' just like that and leave it terraced. That way the frightened locals can still get their boxes (3 of them!) and we can finally get some height.

So kind of like our version of the Willis tower? :D But on a smaller scale.  

16 hours ago, nashville_bound said:

Just left an event with a person close to the deal so I asked several questions and received a couple of answers I did not know but maybe the board has covered. Nothing too impressive, but something. 
1. He has seen the renderings, and while he would not confirm or deny a crown he said there was lots of lighting effects on top...made me think of the crown on the Signature design.
2. It is just the park....none of the buildings  are involved.

Well then, at least we know there is some sort of rendering. 

That's how they roll in Nashvegas. 

Like that song from the Music Man... Talk Talk Talk... Talk A Lot... Do A Little Bit.  And you know that conversation on height is coming... and it'll reflect a  fear of anything over 30 stories (As if God Almighty ordained 30 "good" and anything taller "bad"). Although, Mr. G (presumably) has inoculated much of that with the homeless center/residence building. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

On 4/26/2018 at 3:40 PM, PruneTracy said:

a.jpg

It still amazes me, every time I see it, what a scourge on our skyline that hideous renaissance hotel tower is. Just look at that big hulking ugly thing!!!! I am so excited for the day that it is blocked by the 5th and Broad towers.

Also, is there any chance that Giarratana could simply revive the old Signature Tower plans? Would they really need to devise a whole new building? I know the currently proposed footprint wouldn't fit the Sig, but if he purchases other buildings on the block, couldn't he just recycle the plans for that beautiful tower?

Edited by NashvilleObserver
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, NashvilleObserver said:

It still amazes me, every time I see it, what a scourge on our skyline that hideous renaissance hotel tower is. Just look at that big hulking ugly thing!!!! I am so excited for the day that it is blocked by the 5th and Broad towers.

Also, is there any chance that Giarratana could simply revive the old Signature Tower plans? Would they really need to devise a whole new building? I know the currently proposed footprint wouldn't fit the Sig, but if he purchases other buildings on the block, couldn't he just recycle the plans for that beautiful tower?

It was really bad before the paint job, but I think it looks much better now. I agree that it's not too pleasant looking at it driving northbound into downtown on I-65, but it does add some skyline diversity at the very least. I'm glad we do have some older, funkier-looking buildings mixed in with the glassier generation. 

• Like 2

I’m okay with how the tower looks (not crazy about it, but I don’t hate it). The sad park to me is how the corner restaurant space by 7th is lacking any access/street activation. I realize the restaurant is slightly below grade at the corner, but it could have made for a nice outdoor space there (like a “sunken garden” dining patio) and a corner entrance for patrons who were not hotel guests.

I'm hoping that the ballroom space from the former convention center will get a street level makeover of some sort. Perhaps they will add a dining space or coffee shop that opens to Commerce Street.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

I’m okay with how the tower looks (not crazy about it, but I don’t hate it). The sad park to me is how the corner restaurant space by 7th is lacking any access/street activation. I realize the restaurant is slightly below grade at the corner, but it could have made for a nice outdoor space there (like a “sunken garden” dining patio) and a corner entrance for patrons who were not hotel guests.

I'm hoping that the ballroom space from the former convention center will get a street level makeover of some sort. Perhaps they will add a dining space or coffee shop that opens to Commerce Street.

You've seen a rendering of it?

edit: never mind, i see what happened here...

Edited by e-dub