Paramount Tower, 65-68 stories, approx. 750', 200 units, $240 million, Church Street Park

markhollin

14 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Good Lord I hope that isn't the case... how embarrassing would that be to have our tallest, most iconic tower be just a big dorm for bachelorette parties?

depends on if it has a crown or not. Perhaps the crown could state "Bride to Be"

Edited by nashvylle

• 2 weeks later...

Following Metro Council pushback, the mayor's office is regearing a piece of its proposal to swap city-owned land with developer Tony Giarrantana.

Metro will pay for new appraisals for both Church Street Park, at 600 Church St., and Giarratana's parking lot at 301 James Robertson Parkway, according to Judith Byrd, the mayor's spokeswoman. The decision to order new appraisals comes after Metro Council passed legislation that requires Metro appraisals to include not only a property's current value but also its projected value "after any anticipated changes in entitlements such as zoning classification, use restrictions, and deed restrictions."

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/08/27/metro-to-revalue-land-in-controversial-swap-with.html

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, nashwatcher said:

why doesn't he build it at the KVB roundabout? would they let him go TALL at that high profile location?

It really seems that Tony has a fascination with Church Street and the "center" of downtown.  Maybe it's the height difference at that location?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

I think it would definitely make the city lopsided if it wasn't as close to center mass as possible.

I give you Boston.... Where we build our three tallest towers outside of the central business district (west of the CBD, one is not updated in google yet). One of which is over the highway.....

image.thumb.png.92a0514ef845af1964afd6cdc2a9de08.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PaulChinetti said:

That middle one definitely looks weird to me. The left two are at least around buildings in a similar height range.

Maybe someone could talk him into starting a new downtown built around his tower at the roundabout, haha.

Ironically enough that is the tallest building in Boston. Fitting that it is the most "odd man out" then haha.

That may be a good thought too. What prompted Boston to do this type of development is called "The High Spine" where they wanted to develop the skyline to help border neighborhoods, but also be used as a beacon for navigation throughout the city.  Amazing what some planners were thinking about back in the 1960's. While Nashville may not have this exact idea moving, it would be nice to have a connection from Vandy to Downtown to say Berry Hill or something along those lines. 

Hey! Maybe I just thoughts of an idea for "Ideas for Nashville" haha

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...