Paramount Tower, 65-68 stories, approx. 750', 200 units, $240 million, Church Street Park

markhollin

2 hours ago, PruneTracy said:

"Scheduled" implies that another, taller building could be finished before it is completed. I like saying things like this on this forum because it's like tossing a mongoose into a crowded elevator. And now I'm walking away!

It also means that it could be scaled back to 40 stories and 470 ft.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

More renderings released by Nashville Civic Design as well as Ross/Fowler P.C. architects hired by Hermitage Hotel) for the reimagined Church Street pocket park.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/01/25/five-star-hotel-draws-up-alternate-vision-for.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 9.02.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 9.02.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 9.03.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 9.03.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 9.03.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 9.04.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 9.04.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 9.04.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 9.04.56 AM.png

• Like 3

...and didn't the park pay to have just such trees removed a decade or so ago because of the quantity bird-poo being a health hazard....

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, OnePointEast said:

So is the Paramount tower out of the equation now?

No, I don't think so. This is the opposition-group (Civic Design Center and Hermitage Hotel) trying to kill the project by dreaming up a solution to make the pocket park viable.

Edited by DDIG

1 hour ago, CandyAisles said:

Or leave the fountain in and actively program the park like a big city is supposed to do.

I just have a hard time believing this park can be programmed. A) it is tiny, even if programmed successfully its ceiling is low. B) how do you really ever keep the homeless away with the public  facilities across the street?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DDIG said:

I just have a hard time believing this park can be programmed. A) it is tiny, even if programmed successfully its ceiling is low. B) how do you really ever keep the homeless away with the public  facilities across the street?

I think the Public Facility (library) across the street could be integral to the discussion in programming...as could the Ryman, the Hermitage Hotel, Suntrust Bank, heck I could see Cheekwood doing a sponsored series out in the park.  I'm not necessarily against the tower proposal, but what I have a hard time believing is that there has ever been a capable attempt of making the park work.  Paley Park is very close to the New York Public Library yet that seems to work just fine.

• Like 2