Paramount Tower, 65-68 stories, approx. 750', 200 units, $240 million, Church Street Park

markhollin

5 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

So it’s gonna take some one with a lot of capital - Tony -  to build a 700’+ tower. But we have also talked about it at length before, until land becomes very scarce in the city, the added cost of going that tall will be a tremendous risk. The cost per sf once get above “x” height (typically 30 floors I believe) is exponentially more expensive. 

There is already a well known architect Company (Goettsch Partners) that is contracted to design this building. So far I have never heard of a Goettsch Partners project that has not eventually happened, they are good at getting stuff off the ground.

There is already a well known architect Company (Goettsch Partners) that is contracted to design this building. So far I have never heard of a Goettsch Partners project that has not eventually happened, they are good at getting stuff off the ground.

In this case the architect doesn’t have much leverage to move this forward. This site is encumbered deeply into a quagmire of Nashville politics. Tony has already put out a new rendering of another tower just four blocks away. I think this is dead for the foreseeable future.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, DeemonBruhn said:

In this case the architect doesn’t have much leverage to move this forward. This site is encumbered deeply into a quagmire of Nashville politics. Tony has already put out a new rendering of another tower just four blocks away. I think this is dead for the foreseeable future.

Where is the rendering for this new tower you speak of?

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 3:20 PM, smeagolsfree said:

The State is number one and I think as far as private employers, then it is between Vandy and Wal Mart. Vandy at one location and Wal Mart for multiple locations, but this is just a guess on my part without looking at numbers.

We might also find FedEx near the top of the list.  Other private employers near the top of the list might include Nissan and Eastman Chemical.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/26/2019 at 8:05 PM, KJHburg said:

with Tony G.'s announcement of his new high rise residential tower does that make this project dead?  

Very difficult to believe this project is still alive. It is highly doubt the current administration will allow the park to change hands to a private entity. But, of course, there are no plans (or budget) for any improvement 

• Like 4

The Tennessean has a summary piece on where things stand with the Church Street Pocket Park, Tony Giarratana's bid to buy it and develop the tower, etc.  

In late September, Giarratana sent Mayor John Cooper a three-page letter asking him to "immediately and actively pursue a positive solution to the failed and unsafe Church Street Park.

"I would ask you to consider an expeditious request-for-proposals process that brings this matter to the fore and enables Metro to move forward with a plan for the park by the end of this year." 

No word back from the mayor as of yet.

Giarratana, meanwhile, repeatedly upped his promised investment in park space along Anne Dallas Dudley, from $5 million to $7.5 million to $10 million, as negotiations have stalled.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2019/12/05/redevelopment-downtown-church-street-park-nashville-tony-giarratana/4331289002/

• Like 1

It's a minor point, but I still wonder how you would stage construction for this small site? You can't take a lane of Church street. The Hermitage Hotel and City Center might agree to losing one lane of 6th, That leaves you with  Anne Dallas Dudley, which I expect Tony expects to be turned over for his use until construction would be finished. I think that's behind his promises to "upgrade" the street. The 505 did a lot with essentially one lane of 5th but it was a lengthy stretch of road and the garage space helped a lot for staging.

7 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

It's a minor point, but I still wonder how you would stage construction for this small site? You can't take a lane of Church street. The Hermitage Hotel and City Center might agree to losing one lane of 6th, That leaves you with  Anne Dallas Dudley, which I expect Tony expects to be turned over for his use until construction would be finished. I think that's behind his promises to "upgrade" the street. The 505 did a lot with essentially one lane of 5th but it was a lengthy stretch of road and the garage space helped a lot for staging.

Well if he gets what he wants, then Anne Dallas Dudley would likely be used as that would be under construction as well and he would use part of that area. just a guess.

• Like 1