Ray Dayal is eyeing a La Quinta Inn  & Suites at 303 Interstate Drive, to sit on 1/2 acre plot just to the south of  his Quality Inn near Nissan Stadium. No word yet on how many rooms, or if a restaurant might be part of the plans.

He hopes to go before the Metro Board of Zoning Appeals on June 7 for special exemptions on height. 

Dayal hopes to begin construction in the fall.  A 15- to 18-month construction timeline is expected.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21002423/stadiumarea-site-eyed-for-11story-hotel

LaQuinta Inn, Stadium, April 26, 2018, render 1.png

LaQuinta Inn, Stadium, April 26, 2018, render 2.png

LaQuinta Inn, Stadium, April 26, 2018, render 3.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 5.09.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 5.09.54 PM.png

• Like 1

It would be nice to start and get some development this close to the Titans stadium.  It's been so baren, for so long.

• Like 2

This hideous design notwithstanding, but why in hell does it take a "height exemption" for an 11-story building next to an Interstate, a quarter-mile from downtown?  Geesh, I've never seen a more height-phobic city.  This thing would go up anywhere w'in a half-mile of Chattanooga's downtown with no "exemption" needed. Silly.

• Thanks 1

I actually think the design is interesting, especially considering the roadside-motel brand and the location. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

This hideous design notwithstanding, but why in hell does it take a "height exemption" for an 11-story building next to an Interstate, a quarter-mile from downtown?  Geesh, I've never seen a more height-phobic city.  This thing would go up anywhere w'in a half-mile of Chattanooga's downtown with no "exemption" needed. Silly.

It's so absurd.  There shouldn't be a height restriction anywhere within the inner loop south of the capitol building, perhaps with the exception of the small area surrounding Rutledge Hill.

• Like 1

This article states its next to the Stadium Inn. However it's actually next to Quality Inn which is right in front of the stadium.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Could be worse. Nashville could have Shadow Laws.....

random, but this image reminded me.   does anyone have the rendering from when they wanted to make I 24 on the east side into an "urban boulevard"   ?