Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
My 2019 Predictions someone has to get this started......
1. Lowes will open a new tech office in Charlotte near uptown or SouthEnd
2. More corporate relocations of various sizes mainly from the tri-state area of NY NJ CT
3. Apartment boom continues but at slower pace and spreads out to suburbs and northeast towards UNCC
4. More developments announced along BLE towards the university area including office developments closer in
5. Another major office tower will be announced in SouthEnd excluding the Spectrum and Portman proposals.
6. Legacy 3 will be announced (office hotel or residential to be determined)
7. The 77 toll express lanes will finally open and much to everyone surprise people will actually use them
8. Airport continues to grow with additional domestic and international service
9. Housing market continues to chug along price increases slow but affordable homes under $250K remain red hot.
10. More townhome developments are announced all over town
11. More tilt up warehouses tilt up all over the region
12. Rea Farms Village attracts major office tenant in Providence 485 market
13. Ballantyne development starts up again with 1-2 new buildings
14. SouthPark Mall lures a few new to market retailers
15. Eastland site finally gets going with some development work
16. Levine land holdings further sit idle but another parcel is sold off to be developed by someone else
17. North Tryon corridor gets going with some BIG bang announcements
18. Publix on N Tryon gets underway as apart of the 10 Tryon development
19. Capitol Towers 3 in SouthPark attracts new to market tenant
20. Surrounding counties especially Union, Cabarrus, Gaston and York heat up even more
21. Some BIG job announcements are announced elsewhere in NC
22. Record low unemployment in 2019 across the state
23. Charlotte attracts another big event for a future year
24. More QuikTrips are built around the region and Krispy Kreme finally admits its HQ is in Charlotte
25. KJ is spotted more around town at Superica, Sabor, Krispy Kreme and Ruth’s Chris and Chuys. He buys new camera too.
I couldn't find a thread for the River District so I made one. I happen to be really excited about the River District, Most U.S. Major cities are on a river. Charlotte is near a river but not on it and I think River District will fill that hole, Most cities that have a river have lots of shopping and dining options along the river.
Since we have a Charlotte Greenways thread, I figured we should dedicate a thread to parks in general.
So, in 2nd Ward topic @kermit brought up the ParkScore by the Trust for Public Land: http://parkscore.tpl.org/city.php?city=Charlotte
I initially replied there, but this subject should be discussed in depth - and I could not find a thread that was dedicated to Parks overall (not just greenways). In my reply I compare it to Seattle - http://parkscore.tpl.org/city.php?city=Seattle
The CharMeck Parks and Recreation website has details on all existing parks: https://www.mecknc.gov/ParkandRec/Parks/Pages/default.aspx
Old Charlotte Observer Site
300 South Tryon
500 East Morehead
WCNC Uptown Camera
WBTV Charlotte Tower Cam:
Mecklenburg County Air Quality cam:
Fountains at New Bern Station
Gateway West Apartments
300 South Tryon
Langtree at the Lake
Silos at South End
Circle at Piedmont
1225 S Church (Phase 2)
330 W Tremont
Lowes Motor Speedway:
Carowinds [Fury 325]
Charlotte-Douglas International Airport
Lowes Motor Speedway:
University of North Carolina at Charlotte:
UNCC Football Stadium
Downtown from East:
Romare Bearden Park:
Garrison at Graham:
Charlotte Observer/Wachovia Arts Complex:
1225 S. Church (apartments):
Haven't seen any news articles on this yet but ZipCar will be expanding into Uptown/Southend this summer. The city is providing 6 on-street locations and Zipcar will be providing 6 off-street locations. This is a 2 year pilot after which the city will decide to make it permanent or not.
Some sample Zipcar locations will be:
-Romere Bearden Park
-UNCC/First Ward Park
-New Bern Station
Charlotte has been really late to the game in getting a car sharing service but glad it is finally arriving. This will give those of us that live downtown and don't own a car another transportation option for those longer in-city trips where transit takes too long or isn't available.
I think the city should also partner with Car2Go. I have used this service in DC before and it's a nice alternative to uber/lyft if you don't mind driving yourself...plus you can park wherever you want as long as it its a legal parking spot.