TopGolf Marriott Dual Brand Hotel, 14 stories, 190 rooms; 7 story, 250 unit residential building, $80 million

markhollin

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Not to get far off topic, but since it's relative to that part of the city: Do travelers and out-of-town vacationers really stay at the Stadium Inn? Or has it really become more like cheap, temporary housing for locals? I'd be embarrassed to think that a family from out of town would check into the Stadium Inn and think that's somehow representative of our lodging here.

1 hour ago, Jamie Hall said:

Not to get far off topic, but since it's relative to that part of the city: Do travelers and out-of-town vacationers really stay at the Stadium Inn? Or has it really become more like cheap, temporary housing for locals? I'd be embarrassed to think that a family from out of town would check into the Stadium Inn and think that's somehow representative of our lodging here.

Anyone who looks at Trip Advisor or other online review sites would NOT book these hotels.

1FBC6527-58A9-4D3C-9140-F539ADD8B9B9.png

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

1FBC6527-58A9-4D3C-9140-F539ADD8B9B9.png

Two frightening thoughts: 1. At least one person reviewed  Stadium Inn as "very good." 2. There are three "inns" in Nashville that rank worse on Trip Advisor.

How in the world is that place profitable? And why wouldn't the owner just sell and make a small fortune on the land sale?

Edited by Jamie Hall
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, Jamie Hall said:

I drove Uber for a couple of months back in 2016.  I picked up a young lady at the airport and she gave me the address she was going to...so I followed the directions and when I got off the interstate, I realized we were headed to Knights Inn.  I pulled up and the look on her face was pure fear.  I said, "Is this the right place?"  She said, "Yeah...but I figured as much as it costs, it would have to be better than how it looked online."  I asked her if she wanted me to take her somewhere else, but she said it was non-refundable since she arrived so late.  She got her luggage and started walking off and looked back at me with a look of "save me."  I felt bad driving off.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

On 8/6/2018 at 12:02 PM, Jamie Hall said:

Two frightening thoughts: 1. At least one person reviewed  Stadium Inn as "very good." 2. There are three "inns" in Nashville that rank worse on Trip Advisor.

How in the world is that place profitable? And why wouldn't the owner just sell and make a small fortune on the land sale?

Gets worse 

Screenshot_2018-08-10-07-10-11.png

Screenshot_2018-08-10-07-09-28.png

^^^ Those reviews are about what I expected. Interesting that one person described the area as "sketchy-ish." Yes, that area is "sketchy-ish" mostly because of the Stadium Inn. 

It's a matter of time before the influence of places like Top Golf and the new Marriott dual-brand hotel spread toward the Stadium Inn. Surely its days are numbered.