Scribe

Brevard @ 4th St - Moxy Hotel - 20 Story - 226ft tower

Oh my, much taller than I expected! Although it doesn't gobble up much in the way of surface parking. Maybe that's being eyed by larger concerns ?

Edited by Dale

13 minutes ago, Dale said:

Although it doesn't gobble up much in the way of surface parking. Maybe that's being eyed by larger concerns ?

Different land owners, different projects. Parcels surrounding this project are all owned by Ellen Fleming Gibson of EFG Enterprises... just a holding company. Interesting/cool part of EFG land holding on that block: they have access from Trade, Brevard and 4th Streets.

Edited by Scribe

1 hour ago, Dale said:

Oh my, much taller than I expected! Although it doesn't gobble up much in the way of surface parking. Maybe that's being eyed by larger concerns ?

GOOD! I hate seeing single buildings that aren't of a significant height consume entire blocks. I hate surface lots as much as everyone else, but I'd rather see a surface lot remain with potential for future development than see a small building spread its legs around an entire block.

Fantasy: Spectrum Center to be entirely surrounded by high rises.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Hunted said:

GOOD! I hate seeing single buildings that aren't of a significant height consume entire blocks. I hate surface lots as much as everyone else, but I'd rather see a surface lot remain with potential for future development than see a small building spread its legs around an entire block.

Fantasy: Spectrum Center to be entirely surrounded by high rises.

I wonder if the Hornets have considered a retail-entertainment center like so many other sports franchises are doing ?

Maybe they figure they'd just be competing with EpiCenter ?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dale said:

I wonder if the Hornets have considered a retail-entertainment center like so many other sports franchises are doing ?

There is certainly a better way to have pedestrian interaction between the Arena and a entertainment center, than EpiCentre and Spectrum currently align. Also there is room for some cool rooftop bars above the old building across the street at a better scale than EpiCentre. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dale said:

There was an entire stroll district proposed on Brevard and then the Nascar Hall of Fame happened, and blew up a large portion of the possibility of a stroll district. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

There was an entire stroll district proposed on Brevard and then the Nascar Hall of Fame happened, and blew up a large portion of the possibility of a stroll district. 

Our esteemed leaders had stars in their eyes ?

That plan was with the NASCAR Hall of Fame already in the plans.

I thought there was another updated version of Brevard Street project that still kept many of the features.

5 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I'll take it, makes the historic buildings on the corner of Trade much harder to remove and redevelop. 

This is exactly what I think about every smaller-footprint development.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

This is exactly what I think about every smaller-footprint development.

I hate "superblock" style developments, especially when they're unnecessary, this hotel doesn't need to take an entire block, and it's not going to. It opens up room for variety. Another good example of a well diversified block would be the block containing 300 South Tryon and the Latta Arcade. You have bars and restaurants, specialty shops, boutique office space, a 5 star hotel, conference rooms, Class A (or AA?) office space, a parking garage (boo) and the chamber of commerce, which I believe also has office space upstairs. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

can't we just post the rendering?

I see how it is. the select few holding info back from the rest /s

23 minutes ago, Scribe said:

I see how it is. the select few holding info back from the rest /s

Don’t ever disrespect MY president like that.

• Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

Don’t ever disrespect MY president like that.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5igkjyQzPyrDW5pfaGKC

I’m excited to have another pink building in the center city area. I don’t like pink, but it’s a nice diversity. 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, CLT704 said:

Df0Np8NX4AAtiMs?format=jpg 

Looks quite nice actually IMO, especially for some vacant lot with surface parking.

Good, as long as it wasnt me who posted this :)

• Like 2