Brevard @ 4th St - Moxy Hotel - 20 Story - 226ft tower

Scribe

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/135794/moxy-hotel-uptown-charlotte/

Seems like it should be a perfectly decent addition to Uptown's scape, but the description of the brand makes my skin crawl. l like my hotels boring. 

I'm with you.  However, this sounds like a copy of the Aloft brand and I find those perfectly pleasant places to stay.

Either way I support this hotel's construction.  I think it'll add interest to the surrounding city blocks and maybe even spark other development for the adjacent Parking Lots.  Too bad Brevard Condo Tower didnt gain any traction.  Maybe another more modestly priced one can be viable in the future.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, CLT2014 said:

Where else is their pink Uptown? That section of Uptown in particular is very beige. The color could be a nice add of personality.

I was referring to the Arlington. I never specified Uptown. There’s beige, therefore we need pink to offset the beige? 

1 hour ago, Hunted said:

I was referring to the Arlington. I never specified Uptown. There’s beige, therefore we need pink to offset the beige? 

We don't need pink specifically, but in that area I think it will look good, brings some personality, fits the hotel brand, and is far enough away from the Arlington that it won't look like a cluster of pink.

Edited by CLT2014
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/article218923985.html

This project is weirdly exciting to me.  

It is an area that in theory should have been very hot for development a long time ago, when we had all that exciting Nascar Hall of Fame, convention center rebuilding, Epicenter development, and the arena itself.  It is also not only a block away from the most notable light rail station but also the end of the line of the already build Gold line phase I.  Then there was the Brevard St plan that pretended that Brevard was going to become some magical pedestrian street between the convention center and arena.

But we all somewhat know a number of factors that has kept this zone quiet.   

But not only do we have a colorful and decently tall hotel project. but they didn't even take up all the parcels along Brevard.  It is a very compact parcel, which is great for continuing to keep our skyline compact when theoretically other parking parcels in the area get developed.  

• Like 4

• 5 months later...