Brevard @ 4th St - Moxy Hotel - 20 Story - 226ft tower

Scribe

8 minutes ago, CTiger said:

The big branded fin at the top and the art on the corners disappear, and poof, you have a Playstation in your downtown.

you just ruined this building for me LOL

2 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

you just ruined this building for me LOL

Beats the Super NES aka the Embassy Suites.

9 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Just wondering doesn't such a dark building cause cooling costs to skyrocket in a building like this? As this area has more cooling days than heating days. 

Depends on the material and  quality of insulation. Some basalt building and modern windows, it wouldn't be a huge increase in costs.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This entire lot seems so strange. I thought this entire lot should have been a really nice free space. Basically a full park. It would have been great for the redevelopment of the transit station next to it and the beautiful Spectrum center overlooking it. I just wonder how the rest of it, if it will even be developed. 

• Like 1

On 9/24/2019 at 6:56 AM, uptownliving said:

I'm not seeing any building permit activity for this project since February. I would put this project in the Stalled category.

It was submitted to the planning department, I'd imagine it is under construction by January.

Let's count.  These are for tower cranes, not boom cranes.

Uptown:  Marriott - 1 crane, 2LU - 1 crane, 3LU - 1 crane, FNB - 1 crane, Fed Courthouse - 2 cranes, 500 W Trade - 2 cranes, Intercontinental - 1 crane, Ellis - 3 cranes.   12 cranes total

Southend: Broadstone - 1 crane, Spectrum - 2 cranes, Lowes - 1 crane.   4 cranes total

Midtown - Novant - 1 crane, CPCC - 2 cranes, Pappas - 1 crane  4 cranes total

Optimist Park - Ulta Purl - 1 crane

South Park - Apex - 2 cranes

So far that's 23 cranes around town.  Where are some others?  Montford? Ballantyne? Airport?  I'm sure there's a few more scattered around.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

Yay more cranes! Maybe they will actually count them and put us on the list next year. What are we up to 10? 12?

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 11.50.35 AM.png

I read seemingly everywhere that the Seattle crane count is either exaggerated or, if accurate, other cities are undercounted. Ex: I’ll bet Nashville has dozens.

• Like 1