Brevard @ 4th St - Moxy Hotel - 20 Story - 226ft tower

Scribe

13 minutes ago, jtmonk said:

Let's count.  These are for tower cranes, not boom cranes.

Uptown:  Marriott - 1 crane, 2LU - 1 crane, 3LU - 1 crane, FNB - 1 crane, Fed Courthouse - 2 cranes, 500 W Trade - 2 cranes, Intercontinental - 1 crane, Ellis - 3 cranes.   12 cranes total

Southend: Broadstone - 1 crane, Spectrum - 2 cranes, Lowes - 1 crane.   4 cranes total

Midtown - Novant - 1 crane, CPCC - 2 cranes, Pappas - 1 crane  4 cranes total

Optimist Park - Ulta Purl - 1 crane

South Park - Apex - 2 cranes

So far that's 23 cranes around town.  Where are some others?  Montford? Ballantyne? Airport?  I'm sure there's a few more scattered around.  

Marriott at UNCC - 1 crane

Park Road - 1  crane

25 now.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dale said:

I read seemingly everywhere that the Seattle crane count is either exaggerated or, if accurate, other cities are undercounted. Ex: I’ll bet Nashville has dozens.

The list was only of cities the firm counting had offices. I'm sure Miami, Orlando, Atlanta, Nashville, Charlotte have many more than 5(!) lol. 

1 minute ago, turbocraig said:

This was the last version posted.  Is this still accurate?

Yes that is the most recent last I checked.  I'm not exaggerating Brevard's importance going forward. It could be the restaurant and nightlife center of Charlotte if its done correctly. This could be a good start. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

Yes that is the most recent last I checked.  I'm not exaggerating Brevard's importance going forward. It could be the restaurant and nightlife center of Charlotte if its done correctly. This could be a good start. 

No. IMO, Church would be a great candidate. Convert more garages into low cost retail spaces. 

4 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

No. IMO, Church would be a great candidate. Convert more garages into low cost retail spaces. 

Totally virgin parking lots into an Arena that could have 20k people in it 100 nights a year.  Dallas, Nashville, Vegas, LA all have great nightlife into an arena street. 

Edited by CarolinaDaydreamin
  • Like 1

Totally virgin parking lots into an Arena that could have 20k people in it 100 nights a year.  Dallas, Nashville, Vegas, LA all have great nightlife into an arena street. 

Brevard leads into a side of a building with no entrance. On the other hand, Epicenter nearly feeds directly into the arenas main entrance. Epicenter stole Brevards thunder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Brevard leads into a side of a building with no entrance. On the other hand, Epicenter nearly feeds directly into the arenas main entrance. Epicenter stole Brevards thunder.

It stole its thunder from 2007 until now, but it has the greatest ability going forward. The CTC building flows directly into the arena opening, and I think the design of Brevard at Trade stilll has tons of potential to be a stroll district. It leads into the arena more than 5th or N Brevard does.

• Like 2

It stole its thunder from 2007 until now, but it has the greatest ability going forward. The CTC building flows directly into the arena opening, and I think the design of Brevard at Trade stilll has tons of potential to be a stroll district. It leads into the arena more than 5th or N Brevard does.

Now that I agree

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, TheOneRJ said:

Add this to the list of failed Uptown hotels along with EVEN and InterContinental. 

I mean, they submitted for both their land use approval and building permits just 6 weeks ago, so you must have some updated intel to share.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

I mean, they submitted for both their land use approval and building permits just 6 weeks ago, so you must have some updated intel to share.

and I believe Intercontinental just got shell permits?

1 hour ago, Blue_Devil said:

The InterContinental is still being built, even if you think it’s not. Facts.

25 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

19 minutes ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

and I believe Intercontinental just got shell permits?

Approved permits for a stagnant construction site is irrelevant. The project is clearly stalled, you can keep your precious time consuming construction excuses for the other thread. Any non delusional person can see that hotel is not being built and neither is this one. It’s time to call it what it is. 

Edited by TheOneRJ