Brevard @ 4th St - Moxy Hotel - 20 Story - 226ft tower

Scribe

4 hours ago, TheOneRJ said:

Approved permits for a stagnant construction site is irrelevant. The project is clearly stalled, you can keep your precious time consuming construction excuses for the other thread. Any non delusional person can see that hotel is not being built and neither is this one. It’s time to call it what it is. 

That's extremely valuable land on Tryon.  What would be the incentive to not build and get zero revenue from that land?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, RANYC said:

https://meetingstoday.com/articles/142673/charlotte-development-during-pandemic

According to that March article, Moxy Hotel and Intercontinental will open sometime in 2022.

Hmm I do not about that especially the Moxy and not even sure the high rise Intercontinental could be open in 2022.  Maybe the next year 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, RANYC said:

https://meetingstoday.com/articles/142673/charlotte-development-during-pandemic

According to that March article, Moxy Hotel and Intercontinental will open sometime in 2022.

Yeah they needed to update their information.  Both sites will be fortunate to start construction by the end of 2022.

Admittedly I know nothing of how hotel development works, but my understanding is a new Moxy hotel (not announced previously) is proposed in Virginia Beach, VA. I have to think if one there is moving forward then the one in Charlotte surely must be. (Speculation on my part)

I think the Moxy developers didn't realized they accidently proposed a hotel right across from the CTC.  Used Covid as an excuse to back out and rethink things.  (Blue font).  Jokes aside, those lots need to be developed and a hotel would add more foot traffic (safety in numbers type of thing).  Having more bar/restuarant options would be nice too being next to the arena.  I'd imagine this stays stalled/delayed a little bit longer vs the the stonewall hotel and intercontinental.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

I think the Moxy developers didn't realized they accidently proposed a hotel right across from the CTC.  Used Covid as an excuse to back out and rethink things.  (Blue font).  Jokes aside, those lots need to be developed and a hotel would add more foot traffic (safety in numbers type of thing).  Having more bar/restuarant options would be nice too being next to the arena.  I'd imagine this stays stalled/delayed a little bit longer vs the the stonewall hotel and intercontinental.  

"Jokes aside" - You may have been joking but I believe you inadvertently speaketh the truth.

This block will stay empty for quite a long time until there's movement on both CTC and Epicenter re-use.

• 1 year later...