Sign in to follow this  
spenser1058

Orlando Magic

Stan Van Gundy back for another round? Didn't work so well for B. Hill or Scott Skiles but I'm not sure it could get worse.

At least with Stan, we know the Magic would up their support of the community.

Stan Van Gundy is interested in coaching again 'in the right situation’
http://bit.ly/2HYsaui

From the Sentinel

Not being a NBA fan, I'm not sure what it means, but a lot of fans I know are convinced the Magic are moving out of Orlando.  That seems a bit too knee-jerk to an owner dying to me.

On 9/7/2018 at 11:23 AM, orlandouprise said:

What ever happened to to  DuPont? Does he live here? What about Norton Herrick? (Tried to bring MLB to ORL)

Bill duPont (yes, he was related to THE duPonts,) got tied up in fallout from the late '80's - early '90's S&L debacle. He became an investor with law partners Swann & Haddock, which at the time was one of the most powerful local law firms. When American Pioneer (which they controlled) crashed and burned in the S&L crisis (duPont Centre anchor The First, F.A, also folded, but they were ensnared by bad regulatory maneuvers and had always been run conservatively, unlike high-flying AP), soft-spoken duPont returned to Lexington, KY and his beloved horses.

Norton Herrick could not be more different than Rich DeVos and would have been a much better fit for the values Orlando has come to embrace. 

https://www.theherrickcompany.com/executives.php

BTW, if you happen to be thankful for the Princeton St. extension which made access between Pine Hills and I4 much easier, you can thank Bill duPont. His proposed industrial park (which now features the closest Walmart to College Park) is what led to the road being built.

Edited by spenser1058