CarolinaDaydreamin

1000 Room Convention Center Hotel

33 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I never said clearly it isn't happening any time soon. I'm just saying Lincoln Harris is not transparent.

That’s good news then.  Maybe they can do a 1,000’ RAMSA on the old Duke site.  I think it would be a huge success.

36 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That’s good news then.  Maybe they can do a 1,000’ RAMSA on the old Duke site.  I think it would be a huge success.

I think they are sticking with LS3P, and your condo ideas are stuff of fever dreams not reality, if Im being completely honest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I think that the condos can happen here eventually, especially as more HQs relocate to Charlotte.

I think condos are possible in small doses. *hotel & residents* type situations.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I think condos are possible in small doses. *hotel & residents* type situations.

So maybe 25 full-floor condos with 20 foot ceilings, sitting upon a very nice hotel with perhaps boutique office space, yielding a roughly 900 foot tall tower.   

So maybe 25 full-floor condos with 20 foot ceilings, sitting upon a very nice hotel with perhaps boutique office space, yielding a roughly 900 foot tall tower.   

Can’t decide if you are being sarcastic or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Can’t decide if you are being sarcastic or not

I'm serious.  I think that this is totally viable.  There are many homes in Myers Park, SouthPark, Union County, and Lake Norman that sell for $2m plus.  Therefore, I see a demand for a mere 25 mansions in the sky.

Edited by SydneyCarton

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm serious.  I think that this is totally viable.  There are many homes in Myers Park, SouthPark, Union County, and Lake Norman that sell for $2m plus.  Therefore, I see a demand for a mere 25 mansions in the sky.

To your point, just a quick spin on the Queen’s Loot lends the impression that there is a STAGGERING amount of wealth in this city. That said, how many want to live in the clouds ?

• Like 2

There are 442 homes for sale for $1m or more in the Charlotte metro area.  I think that the market can absorb 25  full floor condos.

I think we could absorb 5-8 full floor condos, depending on how many long term panthers/hornets contracts we can sign. It’s just not the Charlotte lifestyle. Sure I know bachelor Charlotteans that make $500k a year. Eventually they meet someone who wants to live somewhere other than downtown. Hell a good 60% of condo purchases, sublets.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I think we could absorb 5-8 full floor condos, depending on how many long term panthers/hornets contracts we can sign. It’s just not the Charlotte lifestyle. Sure I know bachelor Charlotteans that make $500k a year. Eventually they meet someone who wants to live somewhere other than downtown. Hell a good 60% of condo   purchases, sublets.

Maybe one day.  When I first came to Charlotte for a visit in 1993, it was a small, sleepy Southern town that bore virtually no resemblance to what it has become.  Who knows what the future holds?

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

"This has always been the perfect reason to have giant evening-and-weekend uses in the central business district.  Not only do you have the potential to entertain many workers to stay past rush hour, but you also leverage all the infrastructure built for office rush hour for relatively much smaller number of people.   If parking and streets are built for 100-150K people, 60K from a stadium is not so bad other than they are leaving simultaneously.      Hotels near where the people are going are ways to reduce some traffic, not add as much to it.   ..."

I agree 100%..  I also want to add, much to the consternation of many on here,  'road diets' don't necessarily help in and out of downtown. It's honorable to want to corral folks in the center and keep them there, but the fact is, we need to be able to ingress and egress easily.  Getting bogged down in bottle necks to and from the center city only puts a bad taste in visitors' mouths. 

I like to reference Portland, Oregon a lot.  (We go there every vacation).  Their downtown is alive with activity. Yes, many live there. Yes, there are restrictions on sprawl, but also, they keep their four-lane arteries open in and out of town.