AdventHealth

spenser1058

There's nothing there now but a sidewalk along the shore of the lake.

There is currently a covered porch area with seating, connected to the main lobby of the tower and with a nice view overlooking the lake.

You can see it in the pic below, to the left, just beyond the glass...

fho_1lr.jpg

From the rendering, it looks like they won't build far enough over to lose it or the lobby view...

FHO-ext-8-2-10-soft8580-2.jpg

And of course, they'll have to keep the grassy lake shore too.

Can't really think of anything else opportunity-wise, that they could do with the space other than maybe an outdoor cafe area, but that place has so many dining areas as it is, it might not get used much. Given that the proposed ER expansion is directly adjacent to the current ER, it seems like a logical place to expand and the best/most important use of the the land.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is true that Florida South (is it now AdventHealth South or how do we differentiate it from their other hospitals?) is one of the most attractive urban hospital campuses I’ve encountered over the years.

If they  keep making use of the lake views, that should continue. I don’t know if this is the case any longer but there used to be a small residential facility over by the lake dating back several decades. I always supposed the lakefront would be a good place to expand that. It seems they’re relying on complexes just off Orange Avenue instead.

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

It is true that Florida South (is it now AdventHealth South or how do we differentiate it from their other hospitals?) is one of the most attractive urban hospital campuses I’ve encountered over the years.

If they  keep making use of the lake views, that should continue. I don’t know if this is the case any longer but there used to be a small residential facility over by the lake dating back several decades. I always supposed the lakefront would be a good place to expand that. It seems they’re relying on complexes just off Orange Avenue instead.

What was the residential facility, much of it still there I think up to within the past few years, is now the Adventist Health Nursing School campus

Screenshot-Capture-2019-03-13-18-29-25-4

Edited by JFW657
  • Like 1

Based on my knowledge of the ER, but without seeing any plans, I assume the glassy portion facing the lake will be a new/continuation of the waiting room and/or a hallway skirting the outside of the ER itself connecting to the lobby area similar to what ORMC did with the Orange Ave facing side of their expansion.  Tampa General made similar use of great water views when they built their expansion years ago and it set the FL industry standard - you may have noticed how the lobbies of newer hospitals now look a lot more like high end hotels, the battle for (insured) patients continues...

Unrelated, its' really exciting to see the ballet building under active construction.  Foundations are being poured and it should go vertical soon

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Demolition has taken place for a strip of buildings along Orange Ave. for expansion of AdventHealth parking garage:

https://bungalower.com/2019/04/21/expanded-hospital-garage-requires-abandonment-of-city-street/

From Bungalower 

I noticed Orlando Ballet had relocated a block east to McRae.

What's the point of having the SunRail station right there if they're not even gonna try to use it :/ The cost of this parking garage could probably fund late night and weekend SunRail for years.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, codypet said:

Needed to tear the buildings down to make room for the roadway realignment it looks like. 

image.thumb.png.199e1bbb1fcacd7e0cad773803d90da0.png

They also own the other side of Princeton where the Downtown Theater has been for years. There no doubt is more in the works.

They haven’t been hesitant about doing retail in other projects along Orange so they may also may include ground floor amenities in the garage (the Wendy’s, Comfort Suites and the clothing store in one of the buildings are all owned or associated with the hospital).

Having said that, there was a switch in leaders a couple of years back and in interviews the new one didn’t seem as “all in” on urban design as the previous one. I guess we’ll see.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

They also own the other side of Princeton where the Downtown Theater has been for years. There no doubt is more in the works.

They haven’t been hesitant about doing retail in other projects along Orange so they may also may include ground floor amenities in the garage (the Wendy’s, Comfort Suites and the clothing store in one of the buildings are all owned or associated with the hospital).

Having said that, there was a switch in leaders a couple of years back and in interviews the new one didn’t seem as “all in” on urban design as the previous one. I guess we’ll see.

So... they want to expand their parking deck?  

Just now, jrs2 said:

So... they want to expand their parking deck?  

That part seems to be a given. As to what that looks like and what goes around it, that  I guess we’re still waiting for.

I’m guessing someone with access to Growth Spotter or that works in the industry knows more and will help us out, but I haven’t seen a lot lately.

Not sure if this was posted already, but came across this "Orlando Health Village Mixed Use" project on two acres by Onix Group. Potential infill on Lot 2? Dimensions and background buildings match up with the corner of Orange and Princeton, looking northeast. 

https://onixgroup.com/development.php

orlando_health_village_mixed_use.jpg

As a side note, Onix Group's website looks awfully similar to the Ustler Group's website... http://ustler.net/properties.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

Looking at the site plan I provided I feel like they're going to keep up with what they've been doing.  A garage along the tracks and a multistory medical office closer to Orange with ground floor retail.  That layout of the garage doesn't strike me as anything too far departed from the Existing McCrae garage.  Especially looking through the other sheets in these plans which don't show plans for ground floor retail in the garage.  The parcels closer to the street don't appear to be getting built out any time soon though.  It also explains why the parcel fronting Princeton wasn't demo'd

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orlandocity87 said:

Not sure if this was posted already, but came across this "Orlando Health Village Mixed Use" project on two acres by Onix Group. Potential infill on Lot 2? Dimensions and background buildings match up with the corner of Orange and Princeton, looking northeast. 

https://onixgroup.com/development.php

orlando_health_village_mixed_use.jpg

As a side note, Onix Group's website looks awfully similar to the Ustler Group's website... http://ustler.net/properties.html

Really liking the look of this — sleek, urbane , clean sight lines, visual curb appeal.

• Like 1