With so many creative people participating in this forum,  this can be a brainstorming thread on ideas that could further develop Nashville and our brand. 

• Perhaps you have thoughts on a particular piece of property and what would be best suited for that site.  Feel free to add sketches, diagrams, comparative photos, etc. for what might be good at that locale. 
  • Are there particular neighborhoods that could be stimulated with some fresh concepts?
  • What elements of Nashville's history could be better spotlighted, honored, and cherished?
  • What sorts of tourist attractions can be added to our menu?  Where should your concept be located? We already have a thread for amusement parks, so any of those ideas should go there. 
  • Any annual events that we should consider to add to our diverse schedule? There is a thread already for a huge Music City Music Festival already, but any other ideas beyond that? For instance, hosting "X Games." 
  • What about sports/teams for Nashville beyond the Titans, Predators, Sounds, and Nashville SC? 
  • Any ideas for new performance venues, or resurrecting old ones?
  • We already have a Nashville Parks thread, as well as a couple of Transportation threads, so any ideas pertaining to those subjects should go there. 

Our city/region is growing in so many ways, and we need to keep envisioning new developments to keep things relevant, vibrant, and creative for those of us living here, as well as attractive to visitors.  If you want to get into detail on how to finance your idea, that would be fine...but let's not get too bogged down on the fiscal side initially. Let the ideas flow.  : )

• Like 2

Mark...I was just going to mention a huge Civil War park there...but didn't think about moving Adventure Science.  That's actually brilliant.  We surely could use a civil war park...and that is 100% the obvious place for it.  I would have a large interpretive center / museum where Greer sits...or place it where the Adventure Science Center is and use the Greer area as both a memorial site and maybe "reenactment" site?

• Like 1

I would rather see the Adventure Science Museum stay and expanded with a natural history museum to complement the site, and a civil war museum as well. 

I don't see the Science center moving especially now that they did the expansion.

Memphis is also getting an aquarium. I would kill just to have a Ripley's aquarium here. Seems as if all Nashville wants and gets are more blasted honky tonks downtown.

• Like 2

^ ^ ^ That would be way cool, but I suspect would just not be feasible with depth, river bend, and bridge height issues getting something of that length, girth, and tonnage down the Cumberland. Would be quite the feat if it could happen though!    I love touring old ships.   : )

On 6/2/2018 at 6:43 PM, markhollin said:

• Any annual events that we should consider to add to our diverse schedule? There is a thread already for a huge Music City Music Festival already, but any other ideas beyond that? For instance, hosting "X Games." 

I know it's not most peoples cup of tea, hell I lost interest many years ago, but....

Seeing Nashville host a WWE Wrestlemania would be incredible
at this point they do a week long event at multiple venues in the city they choose and the smaller indie promotions all shows up to have shows in the same city during that time.

• Like 1

I'd like Nashville to host a rock & roll oriented music festival in the Spring or Fall. Something like Forecastle in Louisville, Pitchfork in Chicago or Primavera in Barcelona Spain.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Rockatansky said:

I'd like Nashville to host a rock & roll oriented music festival in the Spring or Fall. Something like Forecastle in Louisville, Pitchfork in Chicago or Primavera in Barcelona Spain.

used to have Ozzfest each year when Starwood was still open.
Warped tour has come here each year for a while now, though this is the last year for it.

What's the story on the brick building on Church and 16th? If it was properly rehabbed it could be something special. 

Honestly with the influx of hotels, I'd really love to see us get a domed stadium and with that I think we could become a regular cycle stop for the Super Bowl and other major events like Wrestlemania previously mentioned. 

I guess this is less of an idea and more aspirational.

Edited by DDIG
  • Like 1

On 6/3/2018 at 3:31 PM, PHofKS said:

This....

27673348547_1c456f2fee_c.jpg

Dock it downtown, make it a boutique hotel, war and navy museum, food court and landing place for Presidential helicopters.

It would squeeze though the locks with 2' to spare and the 23' draft probably keeps it floatable on it's journey to Nashville.

I’ve always been a huge history buff and when I was a kid I used to drag my parents and siblings to go tour the USS Alabama in Mobile every time we’d be in south Alabama visiting family. I’d be ecstatic if we ever got something similar here. Forget the boutique hotel, just show the ship as it sailed :wub:

• Like 2

Here's an idea I forgot to include earlier......move the Maxwell House hotel back to its original spot on the corner of 4th and Church and build a 30-40 story  art deco  building to house it.

Maxwell House is an internationally recognized brand and would become (once again) Nashville's signature hotel.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DDIG said:

What's the story on the brick building on Church and 16th? If it was properly rehabbed it could be something special. 

Honestly with the influx of hotels, I'd really love to see us get a domed stadium and with that I think we could become a regular cycle stop for the Super Bowl and other major events like Wrestlemania previously mentioned. 

I guess this is less of an idea and more aspirational.

I think the building you are talking about is owned by the Reed or Read family. That was part of their auto dealership holdings as is all the blocks to Broadway including the site of the Suburu dealership now.

I am not sure why they are holding onto the property which is several acres. I am sure with the state of things in Nashville, they have been approached by developers.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bnacincy said:

Here's an idea I forgot to include earlier......move the Maxwell House hotel back to its original spot on the corner of 4th and Church and build a 30-40 story  art deco  building to house it.

Maxwell House is an internationally recognized brand and would become (once again) Nashville's signature hotel.

This building would need to be demolished in order to put Maxwell House back on its old corner. Seems unlikely, but an interesting concept to consider, I suppose.

CA6BD706-785C-4EC2-A304-EB9C3CC1CE98.jpeg

• Like 1

On 6/3/2018 at 3:31 PM, PHofKS said:

This....

27673348547_1c456f2fee_c.jpg

Dock it downtown, make it a boutique hotel, war and navy museum, food court and landing place for Presidential helicopters.

It would squeeze though the locks with 2' to spare and the 23' draft probably keeps it floatable on it's journey to Nashville.

or the USS Tennessee.   it is an Ohio class ballistic Missile Submarine.  these are rapidly reaching the end of their service life, within the next 10-15 years.   

• Like 3

10 hours ago, volsfanwill said:

or the USS Tennessee.   it is an Ohio class ballistic Missile Submarine.  these are rapidly reaching the end of their service life, within the next 10-15 years.   

I'd love to have a SSBN docked here, but its probably infeasible.  As I understand it, you need to tear the boat apart to remove the nuclear reactor.  Can anyone confirm?