Jump to content

Recommended Posts

With so many creative people participating in this forum,  this can be a brainstorming thread on ideas that could further develop Nashville and our brand. 

  • Perhaps you have thoughts on a particular piece of property and what would be best suited for that site.  Feel free to add sketches, diagrams, comparative photos, etc. for what might be good at that locale. 
  • Are there particular neighborhoods that could be stimulated with some fresh concepts?
  • What elements of Nashville's history could be better spotlighted, honored, and cherished?
  • What sorts of tourist attractions can be added to our menu?  Where should your concept be located? We already have a thread for amusement parks, so any of those ideas should go there. 
  • Any annual events that we should consider to add to our diverse schedule? There is a thread already for a huge Music City Music Festival already, but any other ideas beyond that? For instance, hosting "X Games." 
  • What about sports/teams for Nashville beyond the Titans, Predators, Sounds, and Nashville SC? 
  • Any ideas for new performance venues, or resurrecting old ones?
  • We already have a Nashville Parks thread, as well as a couple of Transportation threads, so any ideas pertaining to those subjects should go there. 

Our city/region is growing in so many ways, and we need to keep envisioning new developments to keep things relevant, vibrant, and creative for those of us living here, as well as attractive to visitors.  If you want to get into detail on how to finance your idea, that would be fine...but let's not get too bogged down on the fiscal side initially. Let the ideas flow.  : )

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would like to see Division Street, between the Music Row Roundabout and 12th in the Gulch be improved with wider, landscaped sidewalks, bike lanes, and auto lane reduction. You would obviously need

A big boy on the NE corner of 4th Ave. South and Symphony Place.   Currently, that surface lot is divided into 5 parcels/ different owners (I believe), so there would be a lot of work in consolidating

A 36 story (6 story pedestal and 30 story tower) luxury hotel that curves to match the Music City Circle, and would serve as an centered end point when looking west down Korean Veterans Blvd. from the

Posted Images

Mark...I was just going to mention a huge Civil War park there...but didn't think about moving Adventure Science.  That's actually brilliant.  We surely could use a civil war park...and that is 100% the obvious place for it.  I would have a large interpretive center / museum where Greer sits...or place it where the Adventure Science Center is and use the Greer area as both a memorial site and maybe "reenactment" site?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see the Science center moving especially now that they did the expansion.

 

Memphis is also getting an aquarium. I would kill just to have a Ripley's aquarium here. Seems as if all Nashville wants and gets are more blasted honky tonks downtown.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

^ ^ ^ That would be way cool, but I suspect would just not be feasible with depth, river bend, and bridge height issues getting something of that length, girth, and tonnage down the Cumberland. Would be quite the feat if it could happen though!    I love touring old ships.   : )

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2018 at 6:43 PM, markhollin said:

 

  • Any annual events that we should consider to add to our diverse schedule? There is a thread already for a huge Music City Music Festival already, but any other ideas beyond that? For instance, hosting "X Games." 

I know it's not most peoples cup of tea, hell I lost interest many years ago, but....

Seeing Nashville host a WWE Wrestlemania would be incredible
at this point they do a week long event at multiple venues in the city they choose and the smaller indie promotions all shows up to have shows in the same city during that time.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Rockatansky said:

I'd like Nashville to host a rock & roll oriented music festival in the Spring or Fall. Something like Forecastle in Louisville, Pitchfork in Chicago or Primavera in Barcelona Spain.

used to have Ozzfest each year when Starwood was still open.
Warped tour has come here each year for a while now, though this is the last year for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the story on the brick building on Church and 16th? If it was properly rehabbed it could be something special. 

Honestly with the influx of hotels, I'd really love to see us get a domed stadium and with that I think we could become a regular cycle stop for the Super Bowl and other major events like Wrestlemania previously mentioned. 

I guess this is less of an idea and more aspirational.

Edited by DDIG
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2018 at 3:31 PM, PHofKS said:

This....

 

27673348547_1c456f2fee_c.jpg

Dock it downtown, make it a boutique hotel, war and navy museum, food court and landing place for Presidential helicopters.

It would squeeze though the locks with 2' to spare and the 23' draft probably keeps it floatable on it's journey to Nashville.

I’ve always been a huge history buff and when I was a kid I used to drag my parents and siblings to go tour the USS Alabama in Mobile every time we’d be in south Alabama visiting family. I’d be ecstatic if we ever got something similar here. Forget the boutique hotel, just show the ship as it sailed :wub:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's an idea I forgot to include earlier......move the Maxwell House hotel back to its original spot on the corner of 4th and Church and build a 30-40 story  art deco  building to house it.

Maxwell House is an internationally recognized brand and would become (once again) Nashville's signature hotel.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DDIG said:

What's the story on the brick building on Church and 16th? If it was properly rehabbed it could be something special. 

Honestly with the influx of hotels, I'd really love to see us get a domed stadium and with that I think we could become a regular cycle stop for the Super Bowl and other major events like Wrestlemania previously mentioned. 

I guess this is less of an idea and more aspirational.

I think the building you are talking about is owned by the Reed or Read family. That was part of their auto dealership holdings as is all the blocks to Broadway including the site of the Suburu dealership now.

I am not sure why they are holding onto the property which is several acres. I am sure with the state of things in Nashville, they have been approached by developers.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bnacincy said:

Here's an idea I forgot to include earlier......move the Maxwell House hotel back to its original spot on the corner of 4th and Church and build a 30-40 story  art deco  building to house it.

Maxwell House is an internationally recognized brand and would become (once again) Nashville's signature hotel.

This building would need to be demolished in order to put Maxwell House back on its old corner. Seems unlikely, but an interesting concept to consider, I suppose.

CA6BD706-785C-4EC2-A304-EB9C3CC1CE98.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2018 at 3:31 PM, PHofKS said:

This....

 

27673348547_1c456f2fee_c.jpg

Dock it downtown, make it a boutique hotel, war and navy museum, food court and landing place for Presidential helicopters.

It would squeeze though the locks with 2' to spare and the 23' draft probably keeps it floatable on it's journey to Nashville.

or the USS Tennessee.   it is an Ohio class ballistic Missile Submarine.  these are rapidly reaching the end of their service life, within the next 10-15 years.   

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, volsfanwill said:

or the USS Tennessee.   it is an Ohio class ballistic Missile Submarine.  these are rapidly reaching the end of their service life, within the next 10-15 years.   

I'd love to have a SSBN docked here, but its probably infeasible.  As I understand it, you need to tear the boat apart to remove the nuclear reactor.  Can anyone confirm?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.