Decision on the Haydon Burns library site...

jacksonvillian

The fate of the Haydon Burns library will be decided this week...Which proposal would you choose?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. The fate of the Haydon Burns library will be decided this week...Which proposal would you choose?

• 1. Peterbrooke Chocolate Factory; $1.5M Cash Purchase
    • 2. Ocean Square Mixed-Use; $5M Cash Purchase
    • 3. Main-Branch LLC Mixed-Use; $3.5M Cash Purchase
    • 4. Police & Fire Pention Fund Mixed-Use; $6.5M Credit against Debt
    • 5. Vestcor Properties, Semi-Mixed-Use; $0.00 Purchase, Asks City to demolish building

I know we tend to get negative (myself included) when all the projects downtown dont work out right away, but the truth is we have a LOT going on downtown to be happy about. And there is a lot more in the pipeline. We just need to be patient. Of course, I still believe Peyton is an utter failure and our city govt fails us a lot of the time, but we are making progress in spite of them.

As to the City Council. I seriously want to run for this in the future. I just need to get some financial independence before I can afford to go out there and get some things done. :)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think the majority of the population know of Peyton's shortcomings? I know all of us interested in urban development are but what do you think the average citizens point of view is? And for those who dont care about our dt development and never visit dt except when its made up for the superbowl it is quite possible they may re-elect him. your thoughts on this?

When Peyton comes up for reelection (by the way, it's April '07, so two more years with the genious), it won't be hard for the Republican Party to trash him - Most of them don't like him. Think about it - what has he done? Don't say a word about the Super Bowl - that had nothing to do with him. Delaney's administration landed it, and the SB Host Committee was established with it's top staff long before Peyton came into office.

Let's look at this (and how the party can spin it):

- The Courthouse is still in the air, it should have been handled long ago.

- The Budget is a mess, was fine under Delaney

We can keep going, but those are two major ones, particularly the second one, because that could cost public safety type jobs.

Archived