markhollin

McMillan & Church, 12 & 7 stories, 126 condos, 6,000 sq. ft. retail, 5 story garage, $34 million

Lee Molette is finally moving forward with his mixed-use project of two buildings (7 stories/52 units, 6,000 sq. ft. of retail, and 12 stories, 74 units) to be located at 1506 Church St. and 215 15th Ave. North. Tentative name is McMillan & Church.  

Will also include an amenities deck, pool, fitness center.  There will be a 5 story parking garage that the units will be built on top of. CityLiving Group (part of Village Real Estate) will list the units. 

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/06/05/exclusive-unfazed-by-strip-club-developer-presses.html

McMillan & Church, June 5, 2018, render 1.png

McMillan & Church, June 5, 2018, render 2.png

The site is the oddly-shaped beige property in the center of this screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map:

McMillan & Church, June 5, 2018, render 3.png

• Like 4

This is one that I will believe when I see it. Lee Molette is not a developer and has not gotten financing. This was announced three years ago with nothing since then.

He may pull it off, and I may have to eat my words. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Seems like only a very specific clientele will want to live there, given the rather polarizing set of establishments bounding it on all sides.

• Like 1

Prime for investor owners with units rented out to students or as short term rentals. Easy access to Vandy and downtown will overcome the proximity to strippers and Hustler Hollywood.

• Like 2

With the  TownePlace Suites (8 stories) on Charlotte Ave. just two blocks to the north confirming a week ago, and now this, maybe these are the initial dominoes that need to fall. Then perhaps the proposed 11 story Comfort Inn and an additional approx. 6 story unnamed motel sitting adjacent to this site might finally get moving as well.  Should that happen, then you'll see lots of activity start percolating in this area between Church and Charlotte, flanked by 1-65/40 on the east and 17th Ave. North on the west.  And, lest we forget, should the Propst project (former West End Summit site, just two bocks SW of this) start rolling, it will be Katy-bar-the-door in that whole upper section of Midtown over the next 5 years.  

• Like 3