Parke West, 3415 Murphy, 15 story residential (210 units), 9 story dual brand hotel, 19,000 sq. ft. of retail, underground garage

markhollin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Because, ya know, medieval English villages were so fancy and sheik!  It's the same reason you see shopping centers called "The Shoppes"... ahh just think of it... no plumbing or showers... rancid meat being sold out of wooden shacks... streets made of mud and horse manure... what a glamorous life!

Well…we just went through a plague…so maybe it’s appropriate. :lol:

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The I-440 on-ramp from Murphy Rd has been closed for about a week now; looks like they're about halfway done re-aligning it, presumably to create a traffic light-controlled intersection with Murphy Ct? Would've been nice if they put up some detour signs to navigate back over to West End Ave e.g. via Bowling to access the other on-ramp on West End (that is only accessible in one direction for whatever reason), or down Murphy over to 46th to access the highway via I-40. I obviously know the detours already since I live so close by, but I've seen plenty of confused cars driving erratically on Murphy in Sylvan Park, trying to figure out what to do.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, AsianintheNations said:

The I-440 on-ramp from Murphy Rd has been closed for about a week now; looks like they're about halfway done re-aligning it, presumably to create a traffic light-controlled intersection with Murphy Ct? Would've been nice if they put up some detour signs to navigate back over to West End Ave e.g. via Bowling to access the other on-ramp on West End (that is only accessible in one direction for whatever reason), or down Murphy over to 46th to access the highway via I-40. I obviously know the detours already since I live so close by, but I've seen plenty of confused cars driving erratically on Murphy in Sylvan Park, trying to figure out what to do.

This light should help. Even currently this area can be a mess. People trying to cut straight across from dose to 440, in the mornings people don’t pay attention and get in the turn lanes way too early for west end. I’ve nearly been hit multiple times.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, AsianintheNations said:

I got surprised by this out of blue, getting ready to turn onto 440 and found I couldn’t.  No signs, no warnings that the ramp was closed thank you very much to the TDOT official or contractor in charge of this mess!

I noticed the other afternoon traffic was really backed up at 31st & Charlotte as folks were headed to 28th to get on I40 there. Most of the time I just spend the few extra minutes on the back roads and stay off the interstate at rush hour if I get caught that time of day because if you are caught on the interstate there’s no escaping, but the back roads always have alternatives.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I noticed the other afternoon traffic was really backed up at 31st & Charlotte as folks were headed to 28th to get on I40 there. Most of the time I just spend the few extra minutes on the back roads and stay off the interstate at rush hour if I get caught that time of day because if you are caught on the interstate there’s no escaping, but the back roads always have alternatives.

Charlotte and 46th has been more congested as well. 

• Like 1