Vantage South End - 1100 S Tryon

KJHburg

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Drive by photos today and I love this project.  It is already dominating the just outside 277 loop area.  

IMG_8306.JPG

IMG_8316.JPG

IMG_8318.JPG

IMG_8319.JPG

IMG_8320.JPG

Did they forget to stop building up at 11, because I count 13 floors

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

I think that back part  when you are on Carson is at the top height but I think it is just 11 stories but it the first floor has really high ceiling heights. 

image.thumb.png.360670c696b70356d251a0234301d3b8.png

I guess the mechanical screening is bigger than expected.

Speaking of Spectrum's Vantage Southend look at this comment in the Biz Journal about the real estate market.  I like the comments about how they need to build bigger and how many tenants are looking for LOTS of space. 

SpectrumComment.thumb.jpg.c6a7083767f14d362e4ee0fe0cb64b14.jpg

I heard about a 750k-1M user looking. Which is bonkers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anybody in this market looking for 500K sq ft or more of space will have to build.   Truist Bank lucked out on timing when BofA decided to vacate and Hearst too at the same time to get that space.   The other interesting comment from that quote is someone said 370K is not big enough.  Maybe Spectrum's mysteriously other project a block away will be all office and taller! 

• Like 1

anybody in this market looking for 500K sq ft or more of space will have to build.   Truist Bank lucked out on timing when BofA decided to vacate and Hearst too at the same time to get that space.   The other interesting comment from that quote is someone said 370K is not big enough.  Maybe Spectrum's mysteriously other project a block away will be all office and taller! 

Signs Point to Multifamily, around 350-400 units.

Is the prospect looking exclusively in CLT? 

13 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Where is their other project?

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

e1b1f1f40b97d04c207e5793fdfa2ef0.jpg

Cool, thanks.  Will this have height or be another 5 story building?

My other question got lost when I tried to merge some questions....one day I’ll learn how to type,  But, for the office prospect, is that exclusive for CLT or are we competing with another city?  That is a major tenant who would certainly fuel more development around a SouthEnd.

Edited by CLT_sc
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, CLT_sc said:

My other question got lost when I tried to merge some questions....one day I’ll learn how to type,  But, for the office prospect, is that exclusive for CLT or are we competing with another city?  That is a major tenant who would certainly fuel more development around a SouthEnd.

Oh there are companies floating around out there and but until they are announced I would say some could be locals but others from out of town could be considering more than this city.  Developers get plenty of inquiries but sometimes the tenant goes to another market.  It happens.  I can't tell you how many times I have read about a tenant looking for 1 M sq ft in Atlanta and none show up.   But I would guess anybody looking to have 1 M sq ft would have to build in most US markets.  Nobody except maybe in NYC is building 1 M sq ft spec buildings.  

• Like 1

Not sure, current parcel size would suggest taller at those specs.

Don’t have any extra speculation about office user, unfortunately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 12/7/2019 at 1:03 PM, KJHburg said:

Drive bys today and uptown is becoming a sea of Clemson Orange.  I saw them walking, scooting and driving everywhere near uptown.  

IMG_8656.JPG

On 12/3/2019 at 11:28 PM, nicholas said:

I was just thinking to myself that this looks absurdly tall for an 11 story building.

This building is much bigger than the renderings gave me the impression of.  I guess the scale when seeing the renderings in my mind were skewed by two buildings side by side, but seeing this from 277, it takes up a lot of space and sky.  It has quite a presence.