Vantage South End - 1100 S Tryon

KJHburg

On 12/14/2019 at 2:41 PM, Bruco72 said:

Two of these buildings plus a hotel is going to have a monster impact 

adhaFB8.jpg

and a hotel that's 50+ feet taller at that. I'd also imagine the Cigar Club land isn't long for this world. 

Edited by Guest

8 minutes ago, go_vertical said:

I'm hoping we'll see 25 maybe 30 stories at the Cigar Club and Biz Journal lots some point down the road. 

lol, "biz journal lot" they have some back offices there for American Business Journals only, so I wouldn't call it "Biz Journal lot"

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

That said, I 100% agree with you. I also think some of the smaller office buildings over there are no longer the "Highest and Best Use"

Is it just me, or is the S. College ramp from 277 completely redundant to the exit a few hundred yards away onto South? (not that 277 isn't redundant on its own regard) I understand it would probably take a while to get the City and State on board with closing it. Has that been discussed? I can't remember what the timeline and process was to remediate the exits along stonewall, but it seems between that block, the South ramp, the Stonewall and the East 4th entrances all could be studied.

30 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Drone shots coming this Thursday or Friday. Most likely Friday. Sorry for the delay. Couldn't do it Saturday due to the fog, Sunday due to the Panthers game, today due to work, and tomorrow due to the rainy forecast. Can't seem to win. LOL. 

I’m sure they’ll be worth the wait, as always!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

Is it just me, or is the S. College ramp from 277 completely redundant to the exit a few hundred yards away onto South? (not that 277 isn't redundant on its own regard) I understand it would probably take a while to get the City and State on board with closing it. Has that been discussed? I can't remember what the timeline and process was to remediate the exits along stonewall, but it seems between that block, the South ramp, the Stonewall and the East 4th entrances all could be studied.

Aren't the College and South exits the same going in both directions?

11 hours ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

The college and south Blvd 277 exit ramps each have their function though. College is one way going into the city and is the only exit for 615 tower and westin valet front entrance. South exit you can go left into southend or right towards the city at the light, however, would be a major incovinence to get on college if the college exit was eliminated and vice versa. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gman430 said:

Drone shots coming this Thursday or Friday. Most likely Friday. Sorry for the delay. Couldn't do it Saturday due to the fog, Sunday due to the Panthers game, today due to work, and tomorrow due to the rainy forecast. Can't seem to win. LOL. 

Cant wait!