Vantage South End - 1100 S Tryon

KJHburg

8 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Are referring to a taller tower that has not yet been announced?  That would be great.

Yes there seems to be a couple candidates for new high rise neighbors. I have heard 2 specific places from multiple different people. I expect one to pop off in the next month- month and a half. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

Yeah I spoke with a buddy who owns a large tract of the land near BofA stadium (on the South End side) and he knows of at least 2 projects that haven't been announced, neither of which are spec. 

Does Spectrum's project on Mint & Carson count as announced, since I wrote a one paragraph blurb about it once in Charlotte Magazine?

I know of at least 3, maybe 4 more high rises in South End that haven't formally been announced yet. This doesn't include Vantage's tower, or anything at District Dilworth.

17 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Does Spectrum's project on Mint & Carson count as announced, since I wrote a one paragraph blurb about it once in Charlotte Magazine?

I know of at least 3, maybe 4 more high rises in South End that haven't formally been announced yet. This doesn't include Vantage's tower, or anything at District Dilworth.

That did not come up in the conversation. So there are at least 2 others. 

Seems to me that Camden's townhomes could have been something much better if they had waited a year or two. 

Seems to me that Camden's townhomes could have been something much better if they had waited a year or two. 

Nah. That’s a weird site. I’m fine with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also Camden managed to preserve the views of Camden Grandview

2 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Nah. That’s a weird site. I’m fine with it.

Also Camden managed to preserve the views of Camden Grandview

would think that would be reserved for a total rebuild of Camden Grandview down the line. That building has serious leaking issues. 

The incredible development boom in this area makes me think of other sites nearby that are prime for something big.  

I'd like to see a new Panthers Stadium and and entertainment district  where all of the dangerous housing exists on Remount and Tryon.  

Edited by SydneyCarton