Vantage South End - 1100 S Tryon

KJHburg

7 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

going be crazier when a 400' gets built across the street. :ph34r:

So a building the size of 400 South Tryon (the big white and gold building) is going there.  Say 30ish stories.  Do you know what it’ll look like?  Not asking for secret renderings (unless you’re feeling generous and reckless), just curious if you or others have seen any images and if so, what’re your thoughts?

4 minutes ago, turbocraig said:

So a building the size of 400 South Tryon (the big white and gold building) is going there.  Say 30ish stories.  Do you know what it’ll look like?  Not asking for secret renderings (unless you’re feeling generous and reckless), just curious if you or others have seen any images and if so, what’re your thoughts?

I'd imagine what I've seen is a massing diagram. Hotel, Residential, Office, all on half a block. Its a UMUD site, so anything can be built by right.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, turbocraig said:

You feeling like all of those components are going to be built?

Ur guess is as good as mine. I think several companies have drawn 500-600k sq foot buildings for a user that is exploring expansion within, or into, the market.

Just now, Matthew.Brendan said:

Now that's what I can infill :)

Side question, what church is that in the foreground?

Covenant Presbyterian, I was baptized there.

19 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

What’s being built on Morehead and Tryon (just north of 1100 S Tryon)?

D7257A05-3C0F-4DA2-8C5B-D3B6C158A467.jpeg

Also, is this the site of the new tallest in SouthEnd?

427D76AC-28C1-486A-826A-DF6F965CCACB.jpeg

LOL I wish, the Diocese is the biggest waste of land in Charlotte.

The construction project is Broadstone Morehead. 

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, theronhobbs said:

Not to throw this thread off topic, but this view does show Covenant Presbyterian's new Welcome Center, completed by my firm, WGM Design. It improved the urban street presence along Morehead Street. Great angle!

shot was by @Seabrooke gosh, I didn't tag him. If you want a copy of the shot, for your company's portfolio  you should drop into his DMs.

13 minutes ago, theronhobbs said:

Not to throw this thread off topic, but this view does show Covenant Presbyterian's new Welcome Center, completed by my firm, WGM Design. It improved the urban street presence along Morehead Street. Great angle!

I literally just drove by there.  Excellent work!  When I saw that project started I wondered if it was going to be an EIFS annex kinda thing, but wow was I wrong.  That turned out gorgeously.  Great fenestration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I think several companies have drawn 500-600k sq foot buildings for a user that is exploring expansion within, or into, the market.

This is definitely happening with one tenant shopping around. HOWEVER I think there is room for spec, so who knows. Maybe there are a few exploring expansion and a majority are built.

On 1/14/2020 at 1:10 PM, SydneyCarton said:

Thanks.  It's a matter of time before the Diocese is redeveloped.

Where will the new tallest rise then?

North Carolina has two dioceses, Raleigh and Charlotte, which divide the state in half. Raleigh just got a new cathedral about two years ago. All I'm saying is, a cathedral would look way better than that awful building.

• Like 4