Vantage South End - 1100 S Tryon

KJHburg

2 hours ago, ertley said:

Not meant to be a hot take, but I hatehate the hotel on top of the parking garage--*at least from the renderings*--but I 100% hope I'm proven wrong and that it looks better and different in person. In the renderings, though, it looks incongruous and ill-conceived to me, like it was added later on and designed by an entirely different architect. Proportionally IMO it's too tall, and coupled with the fact the hotel's base begins at a seemingly random elevation in relation to the two towers, every time I see this I nearly shudder. I am holding out hope that standing on the ground and in the forecourt, looking up, the change in perspective will totally transform it and that it's been designed with that vantage point in mind. But I'm going to have to stand on Morehead myself when it's done and assess in person to ever be convinced it's not a travesty--unless of course @KJHburg or @QCXpt take really convincing photographs. 

I'm hoping I'm wrong, because the first tower is so spectacular--I truly love it--and I just can't conceive how one element can be so right and another be so wrong, when designed all together. 

I have almost no problem with it. That said would you like it more if there was a single letter from toward the end of the alphabet lit up blue on the side?

EDIT: I don't know for sure if thats what's coming but thats the architectural language thats being spoken in this image.

Edited by Guest

On 7/29/2020 at 8:41 PM, KJHburg said:

photo from yesterday.  Heard Lendingtree will not return to the office until they go to their new offices here in early 2021.   One visit to Ballantyne office to clear out your desk. 

IMG_0884.JPG

So the 2nd building wont be a twin of the first one?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 12:50 PM, Tyree Ricardo said:

I have almost no problem with it. That said would you like it more if there was a single letter from toward the end of the alphabet lit up blue on the side?

EDIT: I don't know for sure if thats what's coming but thats the architectural language thats being spoken in this image.

You mean cheaper cousin at the START of the Alphabet? Straight out of their brand identity....

GetImage.thumb.jpeg.8c5f32ef1c1a244a51cbe419dddff9d2.jpeg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

Why would lamp posts and large pillars be installed to the top floor of the deck if a large structure is to be built above it before it opens?

I'm sure the hotel is on hold for now given the state of things.   Plus, when construction starts it's not difficult to take down the lamp post, probably take a day or two.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2