Vantage South End - 1100 S Tryon

KJHburg

10 minutes ago, Sigma said:

LendingTree will occupy 176,000 sf at spectrum. They also have some land or an old mill in (downtown) pineville they may use as call center. 

this is where I figured they might go as they can expand easily here if need be in the future.  That would be the old Cone Mills in downtown Pineville and that would be great if they have some operations there too and get that project going. 

• Like 1

Just now, KJHburg said:

this is where I figured they might go as they can expand easily here if need be in the future.  That would be the old Cone Mills in downtown Pineville and that would be great if they have some operations there too and get that project going. 

Currently LT has around 400 employees in Ballantyne. This will allow them to expand up to 1,000 employees.  LT is in the west building at spectrum. East building anchor tenant has not been confirmed yet (at least to my knowledge).  

December 2020 delivery is pretty quick, considering there is demo involved with this site.  That said, its possible. They may be moving in one floor at a time as they become available.

• Like 3

As a side note, to my knowledge, LendingTree still owns Rexford Place I & II in SouthPark, which are mostly vacant.   LendingTree purchased both buildings and planned an extensive remodel, but then determine the two buildings didn't have enough space.   I am hopeful they sell both to a buyer willing to remodel them, and that they do so quickly since the buildings have been sitting (mostly) empty for years at this point.  Very exciting about LT in the west Spectrum tower.  Will be interesting to see if there is an anchor in place for the 2nd tower!!

55 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Cone Mills in Pineville, a l-o-o-o-ong time feature of the town, made corduroy. I benefitted from a tour of the place decades ago. They were proud of their product and there were mill homes just as in any Caolina mill town. I have not investigated recently but I bet some are still there. Corduroy is not from French corde du roy, cord of the king. That is a false etymology.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Sigma said:

Currently LT has around 400 employees in Ballantyne. This will allow them to expand up to 1,000 employees.  LT is in the west building at spectrum. East building anchor tenant has not been confirmed yet (at least to my knowledge).  

December 2020 delivery is pretty quick, considering there is demo involved with this site.  That said, its possible. They may be moving in one floor at a time as they become available.

There is almost no demo required for Lending Tree's building.

I think if they're willing to pay for speed it can be done fast. And Charlotte has no qualms about shoving people into partially completed buildings. I moved into a never-been-lived-in apartment in Plaza Midwood recently and I met a lower floor tenant who just re-signed their lease.  

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, TheOneRJ said:

Probably a Holiday Inn going off of Charlotte’s ability to attract flags. 

We're opening a Grand Bohemian and a JW Marriott... Plus we just opened a Kimpton, and I personally expect a full service Hyatt Regency at Legacy Union, and eventually an unnamed convention hotel, probably a Marriott flag (do they still do Marquis?). Also expecting a Curio by Hilton in the next few months to be announced.

Personally, I could see this being a second Kimpton.

Edited by Guest

^ Don't forget Intercontinental lol.  I would love to see a Hyatt Regency here (great for point transfers/redemption too).  I like the design of the Marquis in ATL...I know not the best use of space, but looking up in the wide-open space is pretty cool (plus the elevator ride is fun).  Charlotte doesn't really have any style hotels like that.  Embassy Suites on Tryon but at a much smaller scale.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

We're opening a Grand Bohemian and a JW Marriott... Plus we just opened a Kimpton, and I personally expect a full service Hyatt Regency at Legacy Union, and eventually an unnamed convention hotel, probably a Marriott flag (do they still do Marquis?). Also expecting a Curio by Hilton in the next few months to be announced.

Personally, I could see this being a second Kimpton.

That still leaves a W Hotel, Loews, Four Seasons, Fairmont, and St Regis... all of which have properties in markets smaller than Charlotte. 

13 minutes ago, TheOneRJ said:

That still leaves a W Hotel, Loews, Four Seasons, Fairmont, and St Regis... all of which have properties in markets smaller than Charlotte. 

In towns that are heavily invested in tourism and/or the convention industry. By your metric, "smaller markets." we should be crying that Charlotte doesn't have as many convention hotels as Las Vegas.

image.thumb.png.d586b716bec133a9a4f9af1c61ce1f47.png

Edited by Guest

12 minutes ago, TheOneRJ said:

Out of curiosity, which cities smaller than us have all five of those brands present in the market? 

Edited by CLT2014

26 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

Out of curiosity, which cities smaller than us have all five of those brands present in the market? 

I was thinking the same thing lol...no one.  ATL prob is the most comparable market to us that has a lot of those brands mentioned above, but def not smaller.  CLT punches well above it's weight in a lot of things and although I've always thought we needed more upper tiered hotels, we have added a few recently and more to come.  I wish we could get more high-end specialty/boutique-y hotels like The Ivey though.  A Southend Kimpton would do extremely well.

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz

6 minutes ago, DMann said:

Didn't Kimpton back out of a commitment for a different southend property?

They were part of a spot in Dilworth but the developer couldn't finance it, and sold the property and the development options went along with it. The new owner went lower end than Kimpton, and kept the same basic building shape and size. So yes they were part of a development not far from here, but I wouldn't say that the backed out of a commitment. I think they'd be in for something high end in SouthEnd. 

Edited by Guest

15 minutes ago, DMann said:

Backed out were probably the wrong words to use, but thanks for the correction/update!

haha. Its cool. Really just want to represent that I feel they are still interested in having a second hotel in the market.

3 hours ago, CLT2014 said:

Austin has four of the five. St. Regis is really the outlier because it is supposed to be the upper echelon of luxury. Nashville might bump up there after the Four Seasons is built.