Vantage South End - 1100 S Tryon

KJHburg

34 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

Are they waiting for a tenant to start the second tower? Or are they just going to go on Spec? Or does Lending Tree have both? 

Lending Tree will only be in One Tower (the already erected one) and the other I believe will be built Spec according to past discussions.  With the economy growing the way it is, the 2nd Tower will probably land a tenant or two before it’s completely built anyway.  I think the Hotel will finish construction last.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Lending Tree will only be in One Tower (the already erected one) and the other I believe will be built Spec according to past discussions.  With the economy growing the way it is, the 2nd Tower will probably land a tenant or two before it’s completely built anyway.  I think the Hotel will finish construction last.

What brand Hotel will it be? Hopefully the parking will be covered in an actual material and not screening. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, j-man said:

What brand Hotel will it be? Hopefully the parking will be covered in an actual material and not screening. 

Several different folks have asked about the hotel brand but that’s not been revealed yet to my knowledge.  The only thing the developer did say is that they do have a hotel brand and that it will be constructed with the project as a whole - not as a separate phase.  My guess is that the hotel will be announced - just not until much later this year.  

Parking deck looks to have at least another 4 to 6 months of construction before the hotel can get started.

Edited by Hushpuppy321
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, j-man said:

I have posted elevations of the deck on here a few times, but here it is in a tweet I did. It will have a mixture of architectural screening and windows. Its going to look just ok.

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, pgsinger said:

Have we given up hope on this being a Kimpton given the Spectrum connection.

Not sure Kimpton would do  2 hotels here I know they once proposed that but they are still building out their brand nationwide.    Uptown is a proved hotel location and Southend is somewhat untested so they may want the strength of a huge reservation platform like Marriott or Hilton families. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/5/2020 at 5:14 PM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Does Spectrum's project on Mint & Carson count as announced, since I wrote a one paragraph blurb about it once in Charlotte Magazine?

I know of at least 3, maybe 4 more high rises in South End that haven't formally been announced yet. This doesn't include Vantage's tower, or anything at District Dilworth.

Spectrum's project on Mint & Carson is now announced...

from the CO "The Spectrum Companies plans to build an eight-story complex with 303 apartments at the corner of South Mint Street and West Carson Boulevard, the firm said in a press release Friday. The project also includes 11,500 square feet of retail, which will primarily be food and beverage and services, according to the release."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1