Vantage South End - 1100 S Tryon

KJHburg

59 minutes ago, Cadi40 said:

Do we know the Hotel flag just yet?

I don't imagine we will know until there is a vaccine. 

2 hours ago, Nick2 said:

I almost didn't view this insta story but I'm glad I did. Check it out people!

why did you almost not? 

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

I don't imagine we will know until there is a vaccine. 

why did you almost not? 

It asked me to log into Instagram and I haven't logged in in a long time and didn't remember my password so I had to reset it lmao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It asked me to log into Instagram and I haven't logged in in a long time and didn't remember my password so I had to reset it lmao

Oh lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will the footprint of the hotel extending to the very top cover the entire parking garage? Because we’ve seen renderings of the front but not the sides and back. I ask that because the garage is so wide and didn’t know if the hotel would cover the entire top of it. 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 6:27 PM, j-man said:

Will the footprint of the hotel extending to the very top cover the entire parking garage? Because we’ve seen renderings of the front but not the sides and back. I ask that because the garage is so wide and didn’t know if the hotel would cover the entire top of it. 

That’s most likely a negative on the hotel covering the entire top of the parking deck.  It’ll be wide enough to envelope those three (3) Stair/Elevator Risers you see along the front of the parking deck but the depth of the hotel may only cover half of the depth of the entire deck.  See my crude markup...

213D0721-F428-4AD8-9F2C-8A3668368819.jpeg

470027EA-5AF3-4A1A-AB29-FEF0A4ABB5DE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

Why does anyone think the hotel will be built still? It would be a miracle if the second building begins this year. My money is on project finished with nothing on top of garage, but it’s able to support something in the future.

Someone already said they are preparing for the second tower to start construction soon so idk why it’s so hard to think that. Construction projects are still being announced and some have broken ground during this pandemic so.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

That’s most likely a negative on the hotel covering the entire top of the parking deck.  It’ll be wide enough to envelope those three (3) Stair/Elevator Risers you see along the front of the parking deck but the depth of the hotel may only cover half of the depth of the entire deck.  See my crude markup...

213D0721-F428-4AD8-9F2C-8A3668368819.jpeg

470027EA-5AF3-4A1A-AB29-FEF0A4ABB5DE.jpeg

Vantage-South-End-Charlotte_Main-Office-Rendering_webcrop-900x650.jpg.acf3020b7321b3210d17557efa58faff.jpg

10 hours ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

Vantage-South-End-Charlotte_Main-Office-Rendering_webcrop-900x650.jpg.acf3020b7321b3210d17557efa58faff.jpg

Not meant to be a hot take, but I hatehate the hotel on top of the parking garage--*at least from the renderings*--but I 100% hope I'm proven wrong and that it looks better and different in person. In the renderings, though, it looks incongruous and ill-conceived to me, like it was added later on and designed by an entirely different architect. Proportionally IMO it's too tall, and coupled with the fact the hotel's base begins at a seemingly random elevation in relation to the two towers, every time I see this I nearly shudder. I am holding out hope that standing on the ground and in the forecourt, looking up, the change in perspective will totally transform it and that it's been designed with that vantage point in mind. But I'm going to have to stand on Morehead myself when it's done and assess in person to ever be convinced it's not a travesty--unless of course @KJHburg or @QCXpt take really convincing photographs. 

I'm hoping I'm wrong, because the first tower is so spectacular--I truly love it--and I just can't conceive how one element can be so right and another be so wrong, when designed all together. 

1 hour ago, ertley said:

Not meant to be a hot take, but I hatehate the hotel on top of the parking garage--*at least from the renderings*--but I 100% hope I'm proven wrong and that it looks better and different in person. In the renderings, though, it looks incongruous and ill-conceived to me, like it was added later on and designed by an entirely different architect. Proportionally IMO it's too tall, and coupled with the fact the hotel's base begins at a seemingly random elevation in relation to the two towers, every time I see this I nearly shudder. I am holding out hope that standing on the ground and in the forecourt, looking up, the change in perspective will totally transform it and that it's been designed with that vantage point in mind. But I'm going to have to stand on Morehead myself when it's done and assess in person to ever be convinced it's not a travesty--unless of course @KJHburg or @QCXpt take really convincing photographs. 

I'm hoping I'm wrong, because the first tower is so spectacular--I truly love it--and I just can't conceive how one element can be so right and another be so wrong, when designed all together. 

It probably was designed by a different architect, actually.

• Like 2