Vantage South End - 1100 S Tryon

KJHburg

On 2/25/2021 at 4:55 PM, Yo Diaz! said:

This second building seems to be going up a bit quicker than the first. Maybe it just seems that way. I remember they used a mobile crawler crane to erect the steel for the first one. This one they have a tower crane set up. Obviously they had room for the crawler to begin with and now they don’t. Even with the room, I wonder why they didn’t just use a tower crane on the first one? I guess cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it costs more.  Tower Cranes takes longer to install and the operators are paid more.  Crawler Crane is faster.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

This picture just reminded me of the lot Enterprise is on.  The likelihood this Vantage project's view is disrupted by a future project is high.  It would be unfortunate to block the little urban park's view between the two towers, however, it's bound to happen I would think.  Would love to see some good density with all these empty lots starting at this enterprise all the way to 277 (Uptown Cab, Cigar club lot, etc).  Infill on those lots are going to be crucial with truly making the transition from Uptown to South End seamless and vice versa. 

As a reminder, the Enterprise building is considered a non-designated property eligible for historic designation. It's had some bad renovation work, but is otherwise considered a good example of 50s modernist design. 

http://landmarkscommission.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Charlotte-Modernist-Short-List-9-12-19-Home-Finance-Bldg.pdf

On 3/15/2021 at 8:00 PM, KJHburg said:

This project looks good in sun and clouds and from most any angle.   I did not think Spectrum could top 300 South Tryon Barings but they did it with this project.  Can't wait to see that hotel plopped on top of the deck. 

IMG_3812.JPG

IMG_3813.JPG

Considering the Apartment boom, could that hotel be redesigned to Apartments/Condos? 

13 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

Considering the Apartment boom, could that hotel be redesigned to Apartments/Condos? 

It won't be. I think outside of Florida, South End is the safest bet in a major submarket for a hotel in the South East. Also Apartments would require more parking than a hotel, and condos... in the words of my former home "fuhgettaboutit"

Edited by The Real Clayton
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1