Vantage South End - 1100 S Tryon

KJHburg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Interesting get at Vantage:

Armstrong Transport Group is relocating its headquarters to that project at 1120 S. Tryon St. The logistics provider will occupy the entire fifth floor of the East Tower. The 21,172-square-foot space represents an increase of about 7,800 square feet from the company's current location at 8615 Cliff Cameron Drive in University City.

The firm decided to relocate to South End for its location and access to recruiting. Armstrong originally moved to University City for its proximity to the college, but it quickly realized the need to target the young labor pool that had already graduated, Mann said.

I am genuinely surprised that these have not become work from home jobs and the company is expanding their office space. I would have thought matching freight to carriers would be easy to do remotely, or at client sites.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2022/01/26/armstrong-transport-group-relocates-hq-south-end.html

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1

I actually got recruited by one of these companies out of college.  The operation is very laid back and they try to recruit young kids that are naïve enough to work for minimum wage + commission if the office is cool enough.  I remember that they brought me into their breakroom which had a keg of beer, a fridge full of free Red Bull, a pool table, and couches that looked like they were dragged out of a frat house basement.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1