Vantage South End - 1100 S Tryon

KJHburg

I think it is also a flight to quality and new space and lets face it uptown does not have a lot of new space right now but hopefully LH will start Legacy 4 tower soon. 

Vantage Southend is a great project with all that outside space and balconies it is really ticks all the boxes of a post pandemic office. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, atlrvr said:

At this point the plural usage is a bit overstating.  Epicenter being the loan example.

As to actual office defaults (as the property type most responsive to tenant departures), we haven't had one of those since 128 S Tryon technically defaulted at maturity in 2017 but sold 3 months later for $5mm above loan balance.  We'll see what happens next year as we've got 2 loans coming due, all with big chunks of vacancy,  301 S College (1 WF) and 201 S College (Charlotte, Plaza).

Didn’t think it was worth much debating, but since you’re a stickler for precision apparently, the epicenter is a collection of businesses, entertainment-oriented, right smack dab in the heart of the CBD and for years, touted as the CBD’s focal point of amusement and revelry.

not only is the epicenter as a unified whole in default and foreclosed upon, but a good number of merchants/businesses within the “complex” were first in default in their lease obligations, giving rise to the broader default.  So not overstating at all in my opinion.  I only hope the relevant stakeholders treat this black eye in the heart of uptown as the crisis it is, and act with the sense of urgency required.

Edited by RANYC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2022 at 9:25 PM, Niner National said:

Maybe this was posted earlier in the topic, but Good Wurst is opening a location here. 

my company just won a bid for a project for them here. Sounds like a summer opening. 

Wow - they’ll make a killing in this location, especially if they have good hours of operation on the weekends now with the Midnight Diner gone.

• Like 3

On 6/9/2022 at 6:58 AM, rancenc said:

Article from the Business NC Magazine on the the new urban park that is tied into this complex.

https://businessnc.com/new-charlotte-park-seeks-to-be-south-end-living-room/

What is this part of the article referencing? A ‘retail’ walkway? Or do they mean the Pedestrian bridge? 

“Depena and his family moved to Charlotte from New York City in 2014 for a residency at the McColl Center, and has since developed a design business in the city. He was selected to design a much-anticipated retail walkway that will connect the Uptown and South End neighborhoods, with a scheduled opening in 2025.”

Edited by Owenorange
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, KJHburg said:This Culinary Dropout is huge and will have live music and food.  This is an Arizona based micro chain only in the hippest cities and coming soon to Charlotte.  

20221014_154705_HDR.jpg

I went to the one in Tempe last month.  Pass.  I had never heard of it before but it felt/tasted really corporate.  It sounded cool. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1