Vantage South End - 1100 S Tryon

KJHburg

On 10/14/2022 at 8:15 PM, KJHburg said:

Lets not forget this one.  The retail is only beginning to open.  Found out that Good Wurst opens next week according to a staff member and the restaurant does look finished inside.  This Culinary Dropout is huge and will have live music and food.  This is an Arizona based micro chain only in the hippest cities and coming soon to Charlotte.  

When the hotel is built this is going to be the central point of the upper Southend or Lower Uptown area.  

20221014_154445_HDR.jpg

20221014_154705_HDR.jpg

20221014_154824.jpg

You had me all excited and pumped until I saw it's coming soon to Birmingham as well.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Spburn2 said:

Does Spectrum still plan to add a hotel atop the parking garage? If so, does anyone know the timeline for that or if a brand/flag has been announced?

Yes they still plan a hotel timetable not sure and I know they are talking to some hotels and boutique hotels not in this market currently. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

President Gerald Ford came to Charlotte on 20 May 1975, Meck Dec Day, as in the photo above, to speak to a crowd. I was at another event that day. The Red Hornet Mayday Tribe was active that day passing our their literature at my event with drawings of Nelson Rockefeller, the appointed Vice President, eating African children. Basic stuff, naturally. Point being that the historic celebration was grand and important even unto my lifetime. Several times in my early working life I would phone a county office and the phone would ring and no one answer and I could not understand why until I realized it was Meck Dec Day.

The Red Hornets ("serving the people since 1969" was their motto), the people with the Crazy Horse Bookstore the police shot, at also wrestled with security at a Nixon appearance at the Independence Coliseum when Nixon spoke at a Billy Graham event. The Tribe had tickets but the American Legion members were doing security and refused them because of their hair and clothing. That case went to the Federal court and the Tribe won, as much as any court case can be said to have a winner. This is a summary here and more information is likely online.

https://www.lawpipe.com/U.S.-Federal-Courts/Sparrow_v_Goodman.html

Sparrow was Marvin Sparrow, leader of the tribe. More history for your enjoyment. 

"Serving Urban Planet people since 2014"

Edited by videtur quam contuor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1