Hartford vs Providence?

Frankie811

I have no idea why you're talking about the Patriots situation. 

#1 - I agree, it was a con job, so there's no argument there.

#2 - The Patriots are Boston's major league franchise, no need to try and convince yourselves that they are Providence's team.  If Boston wasn't there, there would be no Patriots, period.  Personally, I could care less about the them.  My team is the Jets.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We aren't trying to convince ourselves of anything. It's a fact.

Seriously, I moved here via Boston and Worcester and after having lived in all three cities, Providence is by far the biggest Patriots town. My best friend's cousin is the video replay guy for the team. What a cool job. He even has three Super Bowl rings just because he is a part of the organization. From what I can tell, they even see Providence as more of their home base city vs. Boston. I even got to light WaterFire this year and had Loni Paxton on my boat. I also got to touch the trophy! OOOOOOO. That seems pretty much a part of our city to me. For the life of me I don't understand why that seems to bother you. It certainly doesn't have any effect on Hartford.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wasn't gillette stadium propsed for the site in cranston (trolley barn, katherine gibbs, texas road house, and the stop and shop plaza w/lowes and other buildings???

that is a HUGE site.. and i think the only reason they didnt want it there was b/c of the trolly barn being protected... (haha no worries now)

it was that stadium.. and then my High School wanted to move to that site as well.. but now it's all built out :(

anyways.. was this a rumor or was this an actual proposal?

wasn't gillette stadium propsed for the site in cranston (trolley barn, katherine gibbs, texas road house, and the stop and shop plaza w/lowes and other buildings???

that is a HUGE site.. and i think the only reason they didnt want it there was b/c of the trolly barn being protected... (haha no worries now)

it was that stadium.. and then my High School wanted to move to that site as well.. but now it's all built out :(

anyways.. was this a rumor or was this an actual proposal?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, not there. They were thinking of moving to the site where Jefferson Place is behind the mall.

You're mixing things up.  Just because Providence is by far the biggest Patriots town doesn't make the team a Providence team.  The Patriots are a Boston based major league franchise, thats a fact.  It's really not all that complicated folks...

I'm not arguing whether or not the Patriots get huge support in Providence, I know they do.

btw, the only reason I'm getting invloved in these petty arguments is because you guys are bringing the Patriots up.  Like I said earlier, I could care less about them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sorry. I didn't get that impression. It appeared to me that it was important for us to understand that you felt the Patriots had no connection with Providence. I apologize if I misunderstood. I was trying to claify.

I'm sorry.  I didn't get that impression.  It appeared to me that it was important for us to understand that you felt the Patriots had no connection with Providence.  I apologize if I misunderstood.  I was trying to claify.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, not at all. I know people from Providence and they are crazy over the Patriots, like you said you are. I also know they hold some events there and had a parade there after the Superbowl win. They are a huge part of Providence, I'd never say otherwise.

OK, this thread has run it's course. I'm getting a little tired of keeping an eye on it, so I'm locking it up. Thanks everyone for remaining mostly level headed in the discussion. Now let's all put our dicks back in our pants and get back to discussing things that are actually taking place in our respective cities now.

Archived