A Fond Farewell!

prahaboheme

I'd like to take an opportunity to express my gratitude to so many of you who I have come to know quite well in this online community over the last 14 years.  I joined Urbanplanet in 2004, as a college student, living in Boston but who had grown up in the Orlando area and wanted to remain involved in downtown Orlando urban development.  Back then, I remember the energy and excitement of the recently completed Thornton Park Central development, a truly transformative project for Orlando (and beyond, I remember it was featured in many articles around the country at the time as a landmark infill development).  Since then, we've seen a sleepy downtown, still trying to recover from the post-Church Street Station glory days, become the heart and soul of the region once again.   Over the years, I've moved around the country (and back to Orlando for a while) and this forum has always been a  great source of information sharing and civil debate from people of different backgrounds and perspectives.  In my opinion, this has always been the Orlando forum's greatest strength, leading it to dozens of members and a heavily trafficked section of Urbanplanet.

Lately, the enjoyment I experienced for over a decade has totally dissipated.  If history is any lesson, it doesn't take more than one person to ruin it for everyone.  After much consideration, I've decided to discontinue my participation here.  I'll be on the sidelines and look forward to all that lies ahead for downtown and the entire region.

I have no doubt that Orlando's best days are yet to come! 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was prahaboheme's posts here and on SSC that first led me to sign up for UP in 2006.

Always insightful, his comparisons to other places around the world are amazing  but his comments are always grounded in an affection for Orlando that suggest how we can benefit from the experience of others.

Many thanks to our administrator, Neo, for weighing in  on the Hourglass thread about our late unpleasantness and ways we can move forward.

Here's hoping his input will lead prahaboheme and others to once again feel comfortable posting in the days to come.

Archived