{advertisement="MMFP"} Nashville, as MLB Expansion Market - Page 23 - Nashville - UrbanPlanet.org Jump to content

MLBrumby

Nashville, as MLB Expansion Market

Yeah…it’s either gotta be downtown or don’t do it.  They need to beg the city and the Titans organization to be part of the restructuring of the east bank around the current football stadium.

• Like 3

I hope they realize that whatever they spend to build said "entertainment" center at the east bank will soon bring big returns being so close to LoBro, not to replicate Broadway but to complement it with food, concert and of course sporting events. I commented yesterday that the Titans owners and Metro Council need to create a transit hub out of any parking structure at Nissan Stadium. Same goes for this one. A shuttle between LoBro and this should be a success.  

• Like 3

If they put it at my preferred site between the railroad viaduct and Jefferson street bridge and face it towards the development  that is supposedly coming between the viaduct and James Robertson Parkway then it would have the same look and feel as the Braves new park-except it would be downtown and not in the suburbs.

All the developers need to get together on this and hash out a plan that totally transforms the East Bank-call it the Riverpark Sportsplex or something.

Make it the first phase of an even greater plan to deindustrialize the entire Cumberland River from Opryland to west of the MLK Bridge and transform it to a massive green space.

Downtown needs it if there is to be all these people moving in....call it Nashville's Riverpark.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

"....potentially the Tennessee State University site."

What site is that?

My guess is their campus next to the Y in downtown. 

Wasn't there a massive proposal a couple years back for the land adjacent to the TSU campus?  Labeled "Cumberland Shores" on Smeaglefree's excellent development map. 

Edited by MLBrumby