Nashville as MLB Expansion/Relocation Market

MLBrumby

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Flatrock said:

I was fortunate enough to go to game 3 of the World Series in Atlanta last Friday night. The weather was atrocious, but the atmosphere in and around Truist stadium (The Battery) was incredible.  Freaking phenomenal. I was imagining the same stadium/surrounding mixed use fun zone  being built in Nashville on the PSC Metals site. And my excitement level builds when I think about 'What could be...'.   30-40,000 seat stadium with a shopping/party/apartment living district attached. And that was suburban Marrietta/Smyrna. Now imagine Nashville's set-up right adjacent to downtown and the East Bank with tens of 1000's of people living and working nearby, and holy crap ....it would be ridiculously cool.

Honestly if I were MLB2MusicCity I would pitch equity in MLB Franchise in exchange for the land to Icahn. I think the State would help with remedial costs if it meant MLB on East Bank. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Logan McCoy said:

Is the Nashville Stars group legit? Their board seems impressive. Maybe with a new Titans stadium and the current one being demolished they could build a baseball stadium there? 

There will be zero public appetite to finance two stadiums. I think there is not a whole lot of Davidson county appetite for just the titans stadium.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

Didn’t they( The Stars) say , that they were going to be 100% private financed?

I’ll believe it when I see it. I love the way we like to twist the meaning of “private financed” when these corporate entities still need bonds (on municipality credit) to be fronted to get projects going. To me, bond issuance is public financing so even the soccer stadium is still publicly financed to an extent lol. 

1 minute ago, Teejr2824 said:

I'm new to the board but is there anyway that they could renovate Nissan Stadium into baseball stadium with significant or all private dollars? 

Welcome to the board!

From shape, orientation and deferred maintenance I would highly doubt it could be. Also the new ownership group has represented that they want a new shiny stadium (big surprise). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Teejr2824 said:

I'm new to the board but is there anyway that they could renovate Nissan Stadium into baseball stadium with significant or all private dollars? 

Welcome to the forum, Teejr2824.   : )

I agree with Bos2Nash. There would be be way too much reconfiguring, renovation, and upgrading of structural issues that are already coming under scrutiny with Nissan Stadium to make it an overwhelming challenge to try and adaptively reuse as a baseball stadium.  Would be simpler to start fresh.  

• Like 2

Thank you both for you answer. I definitely believe it would be amazing to have both a new football and baseball venue next to each other.  I thought that maybe that could be an option.  But definitely would love to see MLB team here in Nashville. Maybe something can get work out. Hopefully taxpayers won't have to come out of pocket. But I understand that's a stretch.