Sign in to follow this  
nicholas

"No Pictures Of The Buildings"

Hey everyone,

Wasn't sure where to post this, so I figured this would be the best place.  I had to run some errands last weekend, and drove through North Hills here in Raleigh since it was a nice Saturday night.  A Ferrari happened to be parked in front of one of the restaurants there, and since I'm a car guy, I had to stop and check it out.  The valets had no issues when I asked if it was okay to snap a few pictures of it, but momentarily after they said that, a security guard drove up and asked me what I was taking pictures of.  I told her I was just taking a few pictures of the Ferrari, and that I had been told it was okay to do so.  The security guard said to me that pics of cars and people there were fine, but no buildings because of the "branding."

Has anyone else heard of anything like this before?  I know that certain places, such as the Eiffel Tower, prohibit photographs at night due to the lights being considered a copyrighted art form, but this is the first time I have heard of otherwise normal buildings falling under a similar rule.  Maybe it was because I was technically standing on privately-owned (Kane Real Estate) property?  Many of us UPers have taken tons of pics of buildings, and now I'm wondering if there's any possible legal action that could become an issue in the future?

• Like 1