Three Thirty Three, 5 story, 69,000 sq. ft. office/11,000 sq. ft. retail, 11th Ave. South & Pine, The Gulch

markhollin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Jamie Hall said:

Happy to see today that the former Loft storefront has been filled relatively quickly. With all the new buildings coming together in the Gulch offering an abundance of retail space, it's good to see most of the current spots filling up.

https://www.bluestripes.com/

Interesting looking place. At least not another women's clothing store.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

The Nashville Sundae Club is now open in the space that had previously been Blue Stripes Cacao Shop. The menu will feature ice cream scoops, sundaes, alcoholic milkshakes, cocktails, basic breakfast items, coffees and nonalcoholic beverages.  The Nashville Sundae Club is open Wednesdays and Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., and Sundays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/gulch-lands-milkshake-and-breakfast-eatery/article_fc3fa940-a39d-11ec-8820-9b37f306228b.html

• Like 3

21 hours ago, markhollin said:

The Nashville Sundae Club is now open in the space that had previously been Blue Stripes Cacao Shop. The menu will feature ice cream scoops, sundaes, alcoholic milkshakes, cocktails, basic breakfast items, coffees and nonalcoholic beverages.  The Nashville Sundae Club is open Wednesdays and Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Fridays and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., and Sundays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/gulch-lands-milkshake-and-breakfast-eatery/article_fc3fa940-a39d-11ec-8820-9b37f306228b.html

Sad to see that in today’s society, even something as simple and innocent as ice cream and a milkshake. Have to resort to being abused by alcohol, it’s a shame that this mind altering drug is viewed as the way to have fun. I’ve lost some of my best friends to drunk Drivers and had a cousin who drank himself to death at age 32. It’s not fun, it’s painful. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Respectfully - alcohol has been used to have fun for hundreds / thousands of years. Sorry to hear about what happened to you, but alcohol is an institution of human society. Obviously it’s terrible when people misuse it (drive), but that shouldn’t outlaw it for those of us who are responsible. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, natethegreat said:

Respectfully - alcohol has been used to have fun for hundreds / thousands of years. Sorry to hear about what happened to you, but alcohol is an institution of human society. Obviously it’s terrible when people misuse it (drive), but that shouldn’t outlaw it for those of us who are responsible. 

Seconded.  Alcohol has been around, some say, since the dawn of modern humanity and it is theorized that it may have been the primary reason human beings began to settle in place (i.e. build permanent communities) for the first time.  I absolutely feel for anyone who has lost someone due to alcohol, and any reasonable person would of course agree that it has the potential to be dangerous if it is abused.  But so do many things.  You could eat yourself into a diabetic coma.  You could fall to your death hiking up a mountain.  Life is about balancing risk with reward.  Sometimes it doesn't work out, unfortunately, but that is no reason to necessarily ban something outright.

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 1

I fully understand what both of you are saying. I never mentioned anything about alcohol being banned. I’ve been around for a very long time, and know that isn’t a option. I was just stating, that it’s really not necessary to have it everywhere, or in everything. Just seems to me, that every new restaurant or business seems to think it’s a must to have it. I know that I’m in a minority ( especially in Nashville) of people that never drinks any alcohol, but we are out here . My point was that though extensive marketing it has become “ socially acceptable “ as the only way to party and have fun. And because there’s so much money made off of it, (even the State and cities get their share ) nothing will be done to control it. Funny how cigarette companies where banned from advertising and no smoking areas where established , but alcohol kills more people yearly than smoking ever did. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luvemtall said:

I fully understand what both of you are saying. I never mentioned anything about alcohol being banned. I’ve been around for a very long time, and know that isn’t a option. I was just stating, that it’s really not necessary to have it everywhere, or in everything. Just seems to me, that every new restaurant or business seems to think it’s a must to have it. I know that I’m in a minority ( especially in Nashville) of people that never drinks any alcohol, but we are out here . My point was that though extensive marketing it has become “ socially acceptable “ as the only way to party and have fun. And because there’s so much money made off of it, (even the State and cities get their share ) nothing will be done to control it. Funny how cigarette companies where banned from advertising and no smoking areas where established , but alcohol kills more people yearly than smoking ever did. 

Sorry to disagree with you substantially.  Singling out alchohol in this repect seems sermonizing.   Serving alchohol at sitdown restaurants yeilds sufficient profit margins to allow folks who don't drink, to  have  meals at affordable prices.  When MikeyDs offers cocktails with BigMacs, THEN you should worry.   I don't get drunk because the folks at the table next to mine are drinking.   Yes drunk drivers kill, but so does second hand smoke.  Futhermore LOTS more folks are killed and maimed on the roads because of jerks on their cell phone while driving.  Cherry picking your justification for complaint doesn't convince me.  I could say the same thing about sugar in everything, over fatty foods blowing up folks to elephant seals , cigarette smoking wherever assholes want to smoke are in the same context.  Most of these in excess  blight our society and our health.  Some regulation is working (smoking) and some needs FAR more attention than alcohol being allowed to be served in restaurants.  I'm diabetic...but do you see even moderate availability of sugarfree candy and cookies at supermarkets?  In context to issues in our forum, folks biitched angrily about providing accessibity in our buildinga, didn't  they, for decades?   No one forces folks to have cocktails and we have stiff regulations  on limiting abuse.  Folks complain aboul soo much these days, often for no reason than it violates their personal beliefs of "how things should be".  I was very amused recently to see a post elsewhere about an Ameican citizen in Canada complaining about his "First Amendment rights" being violated thee.  

Edited by Baronakim
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

@Baronakimyou are so very right, I apologize to everyone for my rant. Not to make a excuse, but I’ve had a few hard days this past weekend. I guess the issues and lack of sleep , got the best of me. So hopefully no hard feelings my friends, let’s get back to talking about Three 30 Three and the rest of the development in Nashville. 

no hard feelings at all bro.  I have my bad days too.

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...