Harlowe, 908 Division, 16 stories, 180', 300 units, 411 car garage, Greystar Development

markhollin

Good question but I believe the blank wall faces west. That side has two wings of apartments above the garage pedestal which would seem to offer the most views. One might expect that side to face the skyline to the north, but the drawings appear to show it oriented to the west.

Greystar Apts, 908 Division, Aug 1, 2018, render 1.png

In the second pic, the building in the background, apparently the recently completed The James, is just up Division (to the left). The angle of the building in that pic also shows a slight bend to the building along the right side (assumed to be 9th Avenue with its similar curve). Just my quick take on the question. 

The final outcome on whether this is a nice one or not will have so much to do with the veneer materials... hopefully brick, but I fear stucco. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:57 AM, Mr_Bond said:

I looked through the agenda for the September 13 and September 27 Planning Commission meetings and did not see a reference to this property.  Am I looking in the wrong place?  Where can I get an update on this project?

This project is on the December 13th Planning agenda as the final site plan is now in the works.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Never done it, but several on our board have done so. Most notably, Mike Davis (aka @Lexy) has a great Flickr page with all his photos indexed to categories (files).  https://www.flickr.com/photos/15586866@N07/

My wife does Shutterfly, which I think is more basic, but she just opened an account and posts any pic from her phone there. 

Edited by MLBrumby

• 2 months later...

Permit requested for this, from WW at Nashville Post.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21041575/progress-made-on-marriott-planned-for-midtown

A little confused here... did this project actually receive the variance to go up to 16 floors? The article states it "was to have" been voted last September. So I'd assume it has or else the developers would not be requesting the permit at this time. Amaright? I noticed from @MrBond's comment above that it was questionable at the time. Did I miss something, or can they get a permit before zoning is approved? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/7/2019 at 8:26 AM, markhollin said:

New rendering.  Also, construction should start this month as Greystar has secured a $72.4 million loan from Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Co.  Should be complete by summer of 2021. Greystar also closed on the property sale at $10 million from Crowell Capital Partners which housed the Habitat ReStore (which has relocated to Madison). Crowell bought the land in 2005 for $875,000. 

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/06/07/developer-lands-loan-for-gulch-apartment-tower.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

And behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21072172/gulch-site-sells-for-10m

Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 8.22.43 AM.png

Like the design of this. I hope we get more buildings  Similar in design