Greenville Highrise Index

goodbye

10 minutes ago, Theurbandeveloper said:

Where? I'm wandering  what could go right behind the camperdown site? ! A  High rise mixed development project would be great there similar to the camperdown project. 

The old post office site and parking lots around it are slated for the next phase of the Camperdown development. 

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, gvegascple said:

Isnt this the spot where the city wants to have their innovation/tech center?  This could be a great spot for a corporate hq/campus as well mixed with some residential retail restaurants that urban target we need....

This is what I thought as well. This area is becoming a huge empty spot in an otherwise rapidly developing DT, especially with County Sq about to get underway.  Hopefully something grand will happen here!

1 hour ago, GVLover said:

I had no idea there’s a second phase proposed/planned.

I did not know that either. Details?

2 hours ago, motonenterprises said:

I've seen drawings, but thought they were just talking about it.

Are you talking about the Innovation district images from the City's  downtown plan, or actual plans from a developer of this supposed "Camperdown II"? Who owns this land?

Edited by GvilleSC

39 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

Are you talking about the Innovation district images from the City's  downtown plan, or actual plans from a developer of this supposed "Camperdown II"? Who owns this land?

In the area across from the apartments. Where the liquor store and postal stuff is.

24 minutes ago, SVL said:

Screen-Shot-2018-11-09-at-8.44.16-AM-733

https://greenvillejournal.com/news/innovation-district-small-pocket-parks-taming-of-major-roads-could-be-part-of-greenvilles-new-downtown-plan/

This is the only thing I can recall that showed anything for this property.  This isn't really a proposal though, just a vision for the area.

This is it. Lol!

8 hours ago, gvegascple said:

The rate of new buildings per year downtown has been increasing at an incredible rate.   I feel like we have almost doubled what we had 15 years ago.

I'd say you pretty much nailed it. Basically everything south of the Peace Center (save the 1-2 story buildings fronting Main St), everything surrounding Academy, Camperdown and everything to the East (save the Elliot Davis building), and all the University Ridge stuff has been built in that time frame. Actaully, it's probably more than doubled. For the next 15 years we have all the Unity Park developments, County Square, maybe the Convention Center development, and possibly the Gateway Site (na, now I'm getting carried away :lol:).  And that's only what we know about. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

What locations would make the best high rise sites?  It seems like the convention center on the river will be one.  I think the downtown bus station could be another.   Also the old parking garage on Japanese Dogwood Ln seems like too good of a spot to go to waste along with the parking lot at the corner of Main and Broad near Soby's.   

6 minutes ago, gvegascple said:

What locations would make the best high rise sites?  It seems like the convention center on the river will be one.  I think the downtown bus station could be another.   Also the old parking garage on Japanese Dogwood Ln seems like too good of a spot to go to waste along with the parking lot at the corner of Main and Broad near Soby's.   

Parking lots surrounding Buncombe Street UMC, both along Richardson Street and North Street would be nice.

There's just so much momentum at the river right now. I don't think we see a high-rise north of Washington anytime soon unless it can be entirely office space (which is our least likely scenario for a tower at the moment). Otherwise, people want to live closer to the river, and (with the new conference center) hotels will continue to want to be closer to the river as well. Yes, we will see hotels and residential throughout downtown, but in order to fill large quantities of units or rooms, the river is going to hold the golden ticket. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with the focus on the river right now. Although,  If they put something tall at the Japanese Dogwood garage site, it will put a hurtin' on the new Camperdown Condos waterfall views.  There are seemingly a half dozen or so good locations to go to next, I wonder who will get the next greenlight.  Maybe the area at the old post office site, that area is hot right now, its near the river, and is such a blank slate.  Maybe a nice new corporate hq, campus, office/residential, mixed use beast?

Edited by gvegascple

Where all the highrise announcements? I don’t understand how Seattle can have 1,673 under construction currently while we only have one. I’m calling my attorney. 

Anyways...anybody heard any rumblings out there? Or are we all done for thanks to the Coronavirus?

Edited by gman430

57 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Where all the highrise announcements? I don’t understand how Seattle can have 1,673 under construction currently while we only have one. I’m calling my attorney. 

Anyways...anybody heard any rumblings out there? Or are we all done for thanks to the Coronavirus?

Maybe you should launch the drone to scout around for something brewing  :yahoo:

Seriously....Unity Park, county square, and convention center projects will probably have new construction soon. The Coronavirus will probably affect any new construction  at the Gateway site :D  It's had a serious virus for years...

Edited by cabelagent
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cabelagent said:

Maybe you should launch the drone to scout around for something brewing  :yahoo:

Seriously....Unity Park, county square, and convention center projects will probably have new construction soon. The Coronavirus will probably affect any new construction  at the Gateway site :D  It's had a serious virus for years...

My drone did catch the church building on West Washington Street getting ready to get demoed. Equipment now on site there. Lol. 

:D Maybe the aliens will finally come and save the gateway site. Or Bob Ellis and Grant Peacock will save it. Or maybe NYTransplant, RestedTraveler, and gsupstate will be resurrected and save it. Who knows.  Screw it...let's start a gofundme account on urbanplanet to build something there. 

Edited by gman430
  • Haha 1