Greenville Highrise Index

goodbye

Definitely good for Greenville. We're turning into a major metro area. However I am a little afraid of what this downtown boom is going to do to real estate and the merchants downtown. With the amount of infill going on, rents (both residential and retail) are surely increasing exponentially.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely good for Greenville.  We're turning into a major metro area.  However I am a little afraid of what this downtown boom is going to do to real estate and the merchants downtown.  With the amount of infill going on, rents (both residential and retail) are surely increasing exponentially.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey we have to take the good with the bad. Wish we didn't have to have that way. :cry:

• 3 weeks later...

I agree, that is a good question, but one thing is for certain that doesn't sit very well with me is the fact that the website for the Tower at Falls and Broad just seems to be poorly designed, with not a lot of thought behind it. On the other hand, the one for the Camperdown Condos, is very serious, the designers put a lot of thought into it. It's just there is a lot of hype of a new tower, and given the website, or lack thereof of a decent one, it just doesn't sit well with me.

Edited by jarvisj3

• 2 weeks later...

Because that Greenville Journal was rather vague regarding some of its information on the list of new high-rises, I can't quite figure out what, if anything, it stated hasn't been publicly disclosed to date. It may indeed have foretold the location of Bob Ellis's second tower (14 stories), when the writer said that one of the nine new developments floating around town is a "tower overlooking Bergamo Plaza." If my hunch is true (and it's only a hunch, mind you), it may possibly go where the parking lot currently sits behind and beside the former Young Fashions building (future location of the Piazza at Bergamo). Now this is only speculation, since I can't think of any other building in such a position to "overlook" the Piazza Bergamo other than the BoA tower, or a future development on the on the old Woolworth's corner. But since it said that this project is one of the ones already spoken of, the Woolworth's development is probably not it. :)

I was browsing through some photo tours of various places on U.P. the other evening and I came across one of Ft. Lauderdale, FL. I noticed the Bank of America building there is of a style of architecture that would fit very well with Downtown Greenville. Should BoA ever decide to build a new tower in Greenville, I hope is similar to this building.

Here are a couple photos which show this building that I've borrowed from that thread:

ftlaud16zx.jpg

lasolas127jh.jpg

Edited by RestedTraveler

Today in Roanoke, VA, I saw a building that would look great in downtown Greenville. Much better than the BofA tower in RT's last post. Anyways, here is the Emporis Link. The only things that I would change would be to add maybe 10 to 12 stories, but its already 20 floors. Too bad that won't go at Gateway, because having that would be a real sight to see coming in off of 385. And one up on that, place it in the same position that the BofA tower in Atlanta is, instead of sitting squared on the plot, have it so that the walls are at 45 degree angles. Thats just my opinion.

Edited by jarvisj3

Today in Roanoke, VA, I saw a building that would look great in downtown Greenville. Much better than the BofA tower in RT's last post. Anyways, here is the Emporis Link. The only things that I would change would be to add maybe 10 to 12 stories, but its already 20 floors. Too bad that won't go at Gateway, because having that would be a real sight to see coming in off of 385. And one up on that, place it in the same position that the BofA tower in Atlanta is, instead of sitting squared on the plot, have it so that the walls are at 45 degree angles. Thats just my opinion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First Union building

That building would look fantastic in Charleston around the medical and hotel complex around Spring Street and Lockwood Blvd!! :w00t:

Edited by Charleston native

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thatnks for that link, jarvisj3! I really agree that it would look great in DT G-ville. It can't be very old, I don't recall seeing it last time I was thru there. :thumbsup:

Edited by Skyliner

When are they supposed to start constuction on some of these towers? I am ready to start seeing cranes from miles away. Anyone know anything?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does anybody else think that we should start a "Construction Thread" for each of the new projects once ground breaks on them?

For example, "CONSTRUCTION THREAD: The Pinnacle on Main"

We could photograph and chronicle the construction progress of each project.

Heck, we could start with River Place now - even though it's partially complete.