Greenville Highrise Index

goodbye

Does anybody else think that we should start a "Construction Thread" for each of the new projects once ground breaks on them?

For example, "CONSTRUCTION THREAD:  The Pinnacle on Main"

We could photograph and chronicle the construction progress of each project.

Heck, we could start with River Place now - even though it's partially complete.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like it! B)

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is an excellent idea! But since there are so many towers and other interesting projects going up, I will make this thread the reference sheet or "index" for the many projects. That way if they get buried you will still be able to find what you are looking for.

I will leave you guys to make them as you see fit, and I'll go back and link to them accordingly.

Check the 1st post for that B)

What someone needs to do is take some "before" pictures of all the areas that are about to undergo construction. In particular, the McBee Apartments, and EVERYTHING around the Baseball stadium. Then in 16 months take the "after pictures" to show the contrast.

Years ago I took some pics of 100 Court St, the Westin and it's awful garage, and that entire area before any of the work was done. Unfortunately, they are not digital pics.

That is an excellent idea! But since there are so many towers and other interesting projects going up, I will make this thread the reference sheet or "index" for the many projects. That way if they get buried you will still be able to find what you are looking for.

Check the 1st post for that B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks, Spartan! I like it! It's starting to look like the Miami forums ... only our list is a few hundred projects shorter than theirs ... B)

Maybe we could do something similar for ALL Greenville Developments (not just the high rises)? I've been thinking recently that I'd like to move all the ballpark construction photos that I've been posting into a separate construction thread, too.

Edited by RestedTraveler

Thanks, Spartan!  I like it!  It's starting to look like the Miami forums ... only our list is a few hundred projects shorter than theirs ... B)

Maybe we could do something similar for ALL Greenville Developments (not just the high rises)?  I've been thinking recently that I'd like to move all the ballpark construction photos that I've been posting into a separate construction thread, too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, I had something like that planned, and I started on it too... but it proved to be more work than I could handle and so it is just sitting there. The problem is that when you get too many projects you have to index them some how and link them accordingly. It is very tedious work, and I have some time issues for that type of thing. I had thought about posting what I have so you guys could add submit info so that Skyliner and I can update them. Any thoughts?

Actually, I had something like that planned, and I started on it too... but it proved to be more work than I could handle and so it is just sitting there. The problem is that when you get too many projects you have to index them some how and link them accordingly. It is very tedious work, and I have some time issues for that type of thing. I had thought about posting what I have so you guys could add submit info so that Skyliner and I can update them. Any thoughts?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why not create and pin a Greenville Master Development Projects Index thread using what you have so far and make it to where it cannot be updated by anybody. Then, we can submit suggestions/additions to you and Skyliner via Private Message? Does that sound like a plan?

Does anybody else think that we should start a "Construction Thread" for each of the new projects once ground breaks on them?

For example, "CONSTRUCTION THREAD:  The Pinnacle on Main"

We could photograph and chronicle the construction progress of each project.

Heck, we could start with River Place now - even though it's partially complete.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great idea RT!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why not create and pin a Greenville Master Development Projects Index thread using what you have so far and make it to where it cannot be updated by anybody.  Then, we can submit suggestions/additions to you and Skyliner via Private Message?  Does that sound like a plan?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is there any way to add an image map to a thread (i.e. an Image that is clickable and when you click on certain mapped parts of it, you're taken to a specific URL)? If so, it'd be great to use Jason-P's Google Earth Plus Renderings as a clickable "Index" B)

Why not create and pin a Greenville Master Development Projects Index thread using what you have so far and make it to where it cannot be updated by anybody.  Then, we can submit suggestions/additions to you and Skyliner via Private Message?  Does that sound like a plan?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will work on this. :thumbsup:

Is there any way to add an image map to a thread (i.e. an Image that is clickable and when you click on certain mapped parts of it, you're taken to a specific URL)?  If so, it'd be great to use Jason-P's Google Earth Plus Renderings as a clickable "Index"  B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would love to be able to do that, but unfortunately that is not possible... yet. I am hoping that a future version of our forum's software will allow that type of thing, but even then it is unlikely. :(

Is there any way to add an image map to a thread (i.e. an Image that is clickable and when you click on certain mapped parts of it, you're taken to a specific URL)?  If so, it'd be great to use Jason-P's Google Earth Plus Renderings as a clickable "Index"  B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WOW!! :o

RT, You're blowing my mind! Now that's a cool idea. :thumbsup:

Since the forum's software can't do it, it would have to be done on a separate web site. I'm not qualified to do any of that, but it would be cool to link to an outside web page to do what you suggest.

I would assume it could no longer be affiliated with UP once it went outside.

Its fairly simple HTML to do that (which is a great idea btw). If it is done, we can link to UP. We like to be associated with things of that nature. What we don't like is spam, or sites designed for proffit (unless they are paying UP for advertizements). This idea does not fall into that category.

That's the kind of thing I'd be very interested in creating, as time allows. Since I have a pretty strong background in graphics and interactive communication design, I should be able to make it a somewhat "stunning work of art." If you guys keep bugging me, I'll try to put more time into it. I'd like to have it up by December, but we'll just have to wait and see. :)

I just noticed the new changes to the Indoex, looks awsome.

Think I have a few corrections though. Camperdown Condos is being developed by Southland Corp. from Atlanta, Marchant is the Marketing Company. Also, I think I have heard that Bob Ellis is not only the Architect but the developer of at least one if not both of his buildings. Something to look into, I may be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

I think all of you should check out THIS TOWER in Nashville, Tennesee. It is a very nice design and will obviously become the signature tower in that city (as the name would indicate). I bring this up because I strongly believe that Greenville needs at least one of its highrises to be a "signature" tower, a symbol to visitors, and an icon of pride to local residents. B)

I think all of you should check out THIS TOWER in Nashville, Tennesee.  It is a very nice design and will obviously become the signature tower in that city (as the name would indicate).  I bring this up because I strongly believe that Greenville needs at least one of its highrises to be a "signature" tower, a symbol to visitors, and an icon of pride to local residents. B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is almost a perfect building if you ask me. I love the way it angles up to a point at the top, sort of like the Chrysler Building in New York. I would love to see Greenville get something like that, even if it's 25-30 stories instead of 55 like Nashville.

True. Fifty-five stories would seem a bit far-fetched at this time. However, A similar stucture, regardless of height, with as much architectural and aesthetic beauty would be a most welcome sight in any downtown. I believe that Greenville will become even more identifiable in the future with at least one such iconic tower visible from a great distance. :)

I would like to ask if anyone has heard any official word on The Tower at Falls and Broad? Since we haven't been seeing the advertisement in the papers lately, maybe there is something to that report. If it is back on the drawing board, what caused the desire for change? What, if any, significant changes will be made? :unsure:

Maybe they read our posts and saw that they needed to redisign the roof :P , I myself didnt see anything wrong with because although flat is not all that attractive, it was more rounded off and not boxed or angled like most everything else. I liked it the way it was but if they do change it to a more spire type roof that would be nice too.