Greenville Highrise Index

goodbye

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^Correct. We have many highrises proposed and that the DPC have approved, it's just they can't seem to get off the ground for one reason or another. Shouldn't the highrises at Magnolia Park and the 8-story one in the West End be added to this list. Skyliner, that's your que. :thumbsup:

I honestly feel that 2007 will turn out to be an important year for our skyline. The Peacock Hotel and Pinnacle on Main should both start construction before the year is halfway finished, and that momentum combined with Greenville's growth will hopefully result in at least one more tower being announced before the year is over. I would not be surprised if more than 1 new one is announced, but I think at least one of those will actually get built. Thoughts?

I'm not falling for anymore "rumored" tower announcments. How many have we heard about in the past 3 years? About 1,367? And how many have broken ground? ZERO! (I'm not counting the Peacock cause nothing has actually happened).

More like fifteen proposed and the Peacock IS going to start actual construction towards the end of this month.

More like fifteen proposed and the Peacock IS going to start actual construction towards the end of this month.

And Peacock is starting within a couple of months! Both buildings, while not huge, will be tall considering their respective number of stories (14 or so for both). Pinnacle will add more density to the North Main skyline, while Peacock will fill in a currently empty property and have a nice rooftop with spires. Considering the gaps in our skyline, I think both will help a great deal.

[grasping at straws]

One more thought: what about the tower at Main and Broad that was supposed to be 15-20 stories? It was by MCA Architects (it's listed on page 1 of this thread). I remember that they seemed pretty gung-ho about the project, but the land dispute took the wind out of their sails. The last we heard, they were looking for another site downtown. Should we assume that is dead, or could something be in the works? [/grasping at straws]

Edited by Greenville

The project that I have been hinting at that will be a skyscraper and large is still a "go." :) Here is the email I got from the developer earlier today:

We are supposed to have a meeting at the end of this week regarding that "project".

Everything is still a go except for a "few minor details" to resolve with City Engineering regarding operations.

Edited by g-man430

The project that I have been hinting at that will be a skyscraper and large is still a "go." :) Here is the email I got from the developer earlier today:

We are supposed to have a meeting at the end of this week regarding that "project".

Everything is still a go except for a "few minor details" to resolve with City Engineering regarding operations.

Dang. They sound pretty indepth in the planning process. This sounds like it could be another Peacock, in the sense that it's been kept hush hush and then it will spring out and start construction relatively soon. Great to hear. Wish I knew more... :rolleyes:

By "skyscraper," and "large," what do you mean precisely? Do you have any more detailed information to share? How far off is this project proposal? Is it located in Downtown? If so, North End, central area, or West End? Until we hear more, it is not anything to even consider thinking about.

Ok, it's Bob Ellis's secret uptown tower that will consist of 1 to 1.25 blocks. I can tell you that it will be at least over 15 stories tall as it stands right now, but I don't know how many stories tall it will be totally. It will be located in the uptown part of downtown. I don't know what site in that part of downtown it will be built on, but it will be a fairly large site for it to consume 1-1.25 blocks. Expect an announcement sometime in the 2nd quarter of 2007, which is Spring-Summer.

Edited by g-man430

Ok, it's Bob Ellis's secret uptown tower that will consist of 1 to 1.25 blocks. I can tell you that it will be at least over 15 stories tall as it stands right now, but I don't know how many stories tall it will be totally. It will be located in the uptown part of downtown. I don't know what site in that part of downtown it will be built on, but it will be a fairly large site for it to consume 1-1.25 blocks. Expect an announcement sometime in the 2nd quarter of 2007, which is Spring-Summer.

:yahoo: sounds wonderful. As long as those rain clouds don't stunt the project (Pinnacle). This will have a huge impact on the skyline if it's built. I like what I'm reading though. Thanks for sharing!

For fun I'm going to start my wishes at a modest 22 stories. :D