Northwest Arkansas Community College

There have been several articles in local media lately about Northwest Arkansas Community College considering building dorms on campus.  So is this the first step to NWACC becoming a full fledged 4-year university in the future?  

I believe they already offer a few 4-year degree programs and there have been discussions of adding sports programs to NWACC - seems adding residence halls on campus would certainly accelerate growth for the college.  NWACC currently has an enrollment of 7,700+ students with another 7,000 non-traditional students.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure the State (or UA) would go for adding another 4 year college in Arkansas.  I think it's just a way to reach students who would like to enroll in NWACC programs but may live too far to commute.  With the momentum behind the fine arts program and Brightwater culinary program, I could see an extended regional demand developing.  

I saw an article that stated 25% of 2 year colleges currently offer on -campus housing.

On 8/3/2018 at 10:18 AM, laketrout said:

With the momentum behind the fine arts program and Brightwater culinary program, I could see an extended regional demand developing.  

I think your right ... 

I could see over time NWACC evolving into a 4-yr liberal arts college while maintaining 2-yr degree programs centered around professional and technical curriculum.  Earlier this year the college announced plans to break ground on a Springdale campus adjacent to the Arkansas Children's Hospital with a direct correlation to meet the demand for healthcare professionals.

Archived